CONFERENCE RULES & REGULATIONS - Industry
In-person and Virtual events (A-Z)
The National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) is committed to providing equal access in all aspects of its operations, meetings, and events so that everybody can participate fully, including individuals with physical disabilities or accessibility needs related to having a bleeding disorder or other chronic medical conditions. Accessibility at the Bleeding Disorders Conference (BDC) for all attendees is a priority. In an in-person conference, regulations are set for accessibility at individual exhibits, events, and activities to ensure meeting spaces are designed to meet the needs of people with mobility restrictions.
Exhibitors will not use NHF trademarks, trade names or service marks before, during or after the conference unless specific authorization by NHF in advance.
ADVERTISING, CONSULTING, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES
NHF will only communicate with third-party companies that are officially hired and clearly identified by conference exhibitors and sponsors. There will be no reply to inquiries received from third-party companies (e.g., destination management, communication, and press agencies) without prior identification or authorization by the exhibitor/sponsor. Formal notification must be sent by the sponsor/exhibitor to NHF authorizing the third party to engage in work on its behalf.
Third parties acting on behalf of the sponsor/exhibitor must adhere to and abide by all BDC rules and regulations. It is the sponsor/exhibitor’s responsibility to inform its agencies and/or contractors of all guidelines and deadline dates, and to forward relevant materials, service manuals, and order forms to the third party.
NHF will communicate only with third-party companies that are officially mandated and clearly identified by participating sponsors and exhibitors.
See rules and regulations here.
- ALL NHF BDC attendees must wear the official conference badge during conference dates.
- Supplementing BDC badges with business cards or altering, adding to or defacing the official conference badge is not permitted.
- Companies’ badges will not be accepted instead of the official conference badges.
- A $50 replacement fee will apply to print a new badge if yours is lost, stolen, or broken.
False certification of an individual as an exhibitor’s representative, or any other method used to assist unauthorized personnel to gain admittance to the exhibit floor and/or instructional courses will be cause for expelling the violator from the exhibition or removing a violator’s exhibit from the exhibit floor without obligation on the part of NHF.
See under Exhibits.
CANCELLATION POLICY EXHIBIT & SPONSORSHIP
Charges will apply in the event of sponsorship/booth cancellation by the sponsor or exhibitor for any reason:
- 25% of the total charge for the sponsorship/exhibit booth will be nonrefundable and retained upon confirmation of the sponsorship/exhibit reservation.
- Cancellation in writing received by NHF on or before Friday, March 24, 2023, will receive 50% refund of the total charge for the sponsorship/exhibit.
- Cancellation in writing received by NHF from March 25, 2023, to June 16, 2023, will receive 25% refund of total charge for the sponsorship/exhibit.
- Cancellation of sponsorship/exhibit booth after Friday, June 16, 2023, will be nonrefundable; the total amount will be charged.
- In the event of total or partial cancellation of NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference due to fire, strike, government authority, natural disaster (either threatened or actual), pandemic or other emergencies that make it illegal or impossible for NHF to hold its conference, all sponsor and exhibitor agreements will be terminated immediately. NHF will determine an equitable basis for the refund of a portion of sponsorship and exhibit fees, after due consideration of expenditures and commitments already made. Under no circumstances is NHF responsible for any sponsor’s or exhibitor’s expenses, or any incidental or consequential damages.
Sponsors and exhibitors are encouraged to commit by Friday, February 10, 2023, in order to receive maximum publicity and exposure, including acknowledgment on NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference website, final program book, and mobile app.
The final deadline to submit sponsorship and/or exhibit commitment is Friday, May 26, 2023. Sponsorship Items that requiere graphic approval by NHF must be submitted by May 12, 2023.
Companies and organizations that sponsored an event or activity at BDC 2022 will have first option to renew their sponsorship this year (where applicable). Written commitments to renew sponsorships must be sent to NHF by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 10, 2023, after which the event or option will be offered to others and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Logos, marks and/or corporate identifiers used for recognizing BDC sponsors are limited to company logo and name; only parent brands will be accepted. No product logos or marks are permitted for recognition in BDC materials and platforms.
- Only company logos (excluding tagline and product-specific logos) shall be used on any sponsorship materials.
- No name or photo depictions of a product may be used in any promotional materials associated with BDC sponsorship items.
Product names, logos marks, identifiers and any other branding is only permitted on:
- Bag inserts
- Exhibit booth signage
- Symposium invitations, (e-blasts or mailers). Only if the product name is part of the symposium title/description
*Exhibit booth-related promotions or advertisements are prohibited from targeting children under 18 years old.
Please refrain from wearing a combination of black, white, and red uniforms at the conference, as these are the official BDC staff colors.
Note: Sponsor representatives are prohibited from wearing branded company attire at NHF events (i.e. networking or social events) unless their company is co-hosting or sponsoring the activity. Sponsors attending NHF educational sessions are asked to please wear your company attire, to be identifiable as an industry representative.
CONFERENCE POLICY STATEMENT
Materials presented within NHF's BDC educational sessions are intended for use during the specific session for the educational benefit of the participants. These materials, including the National Hemophilia Foundation and Bleeding Disorders Conference names, logos, and other brands, may not be used in any other context without the expressed written permission of NHF.
NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference provides an important venue for the exchange of information and resources to help improve the quality of life and care for people with bleeding disorders. All individuals and groups attending the Bleeding Disorders Conference are to be assured the opportunity for: (1) unrestricted access to information and resources; and (2) a secure, non-threatening environment within which they can share information, interests, and ideas. Under no circumstances will NHF allow the participation of attendees to be compromised by potentially threatening language or activities. Anyone who violates the rules of conduct will be requested to remove themselves from the conference and/or their company fined $10,000.
Please click here for details.
Companies may plan in-person or virtual events involving groups of attendees outside the time allocated by NHF for BDC Program. NHF approval is required (deadline to submit a request is Friday, February 10, 2023). Companies may not host any events that compete or interfere with the Conference Program or official social functions including, but not limited to Opening Session, Welcome Reception, Industry Symposia, NHF Awards Ceremony, Exhibit Hall exclusive time, and NHF Final Night Event.
Deadlines are firm, and extensions will not be offered. Please mark your calendars with all BDC deadlines. For relevant deadlines, please visit our Key Dates page.
Note: NHF is not responsible if sponsorship opportunities cannot be fulfilled due to the sponsor’s failure to meet the deadlines.
Submission deadline is Friday, May 26, 2023. Companies must submit PDF versions of all marketing materials to be distributed prior to or during BDC 2023 for NHF approval. NHF will approve marketing materials on June 2, 2023.
Not approved material: If NHF request changes, companies agree to submit revised marketing materials within 72-96 hrs.
DISTRIBUTION OF PRINTED MATERIALS AND CANVASSING BY INDUSTRY
Canvassing anywhere in the NHF convention venue is strictly forbidden; anyone doing so will be requested to leave the premises. Distribution of advertising or printed materials by an exhibitor beyond their contracted space will not be permitted unless such activity is approved and arranged by NHF. These rules apply from 7:00 a.m. Monday, August 14, 2023, through 12:00 p.m. Saturday, August 19, 2023. Signage for product or activity promotion is NOT permitted outside the contracted space.
- Your email blast will be sent to our BDC attendees list.
- You may promote your company exhibit booth, hospitality suite, round table and/or any NHF approved social/educational event (Networking Events/Industry Symposia) held in conjunction with NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference.
- Product name/branding cannot be included in an e-blast. (Exception: Industry symposium, Presentation Theaters, or Industry Round Tables title/description)
- NHF conference email blasts will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. NHF will include its own opt-out information in all emails. (Companies opt out information cannot be added)
- NHF educational sessions sponsored by companies cannot be promoted in email blasts.
- Materials presented at BDC’s Industry Symposia, Industry Round Tables or Presentation Theaters are intended for use during that specific session for the educational benefit of the participants. These materials, including the National Hemophilia Foundation and Bleeding Disorders Conference names, logos, and associate brands, should not be used in any other context without the expressed written permission of NHF.
NHF will create email blasts for sponsors using its own conference email template. See email template.
The email will be 600 pixels wide and will be mobile responsive. For NHF to create your email blast, sponsors/designers should submit the following:
- Subject line: Reccomended 60 characters or less.
- Pre-header: Recommended 120 characters or less.
- Headline (optional): can be same as the subject line or different.
- Creative document: this is the main content area of the email blast and should include all copy. The creative document can be submitted in HTML, PDF or MS Word format and should clearly illustrate the styling and layout choices used for each element appearing in the email, including headers, paragraphs, lists, text, images, videos, buttons, etc. Please refer to the conference email template for styling and layout options available for each of these elements. All elements shown in the template are customizable and can be removed, reorganized and/or duplicated, except for the footer.
- Images/videos (optional): 600px maximum width per image. No height restriction. Only JPG, PNG or GIF formats are acceptable.
- Text/copy: should be provided in a text editor or similar format which is easy copy/paste.
Note: NHF will use the creative document as a guide to develop emails in MailChimp, utilizing its drag and drop interface. NHF will work with sponsors/designers to create emails that look as close to the specifications illustrated in the creative document but cannot guarantee a 100% reproduction. All emails will include NHF’s footer, contact information, and unsubscribe/preferences links.
- Friday, May 26, 2023: Final creative document is due to NHF for approval by Maria Salas-Pilla. All landing pages linked from the email blast must be complete and live for approval by NHF.
- Friday, June 2, 2023: NHF will provide sponsors with approval or request for revisions, if needed.
- Friday, June 9, 2023: If revision is needed, final creative document is due to NHF for approval by Maria Salas-Pilla.
- Friday, June 16, 2023: Sponsors to provide NHF with all assets needed for email production (creative document, text copy, imagery, instructions, etc.).
- Friday, July 14, 2023: NHF will send test emails to sponsors for review.
- Friday, July 21, 2023: Sponsors will provide NHF with feedback on any revisions that may be required.
- Friday, July 28, 2023: NHF will have all revisions completed, confirm approvals by sponsors, and schedule emails for deployment.
- Aug 2 - 12, 2023: NHF will send emails during this period, in the order they were completed.
Post-conference email blasts: The same implementation specifications and deadlines apply. Post-conference email blasts will be sent between August 28-September 8.
NHF will send one email blast to attendees of the Bleeding Disorders Conference, highlighting all networking events offered during BDC 2023. This email will include basic information for each event (title, date, time, description, and sponsor recognition).
Optional: To add supporting information (link to a website, or a PDF files) to your networking event description:
- Friday, May 26, 2023: Submit creative materials to NHF for approval (link to website, online registration form, or PDF files). All landing pages linked from the email blast must be complete and live for approval by NHF.
- NHF will send email blast by July 21, 2023.
NHF will send one email blast to attendees of the Bleeding Disorders Conference, highlighting all Industry Symposia offered. This email will include basic information for each symposium (title, date, time, location, description, and sponsor recognition).
Optional: To add supporting information (link to a website, an online registration form, or PDF files) to your symposium description:
- Friday, May 26, 2023: Submit creative materials to NHF for approval (link to website, online registration form, or PDF files). All landing pages linked from the email blast must be complete and live for approval by NHF.
- NHF will send email blast by July 21, 2023.
If you require any technical assistance, please contact Jay Patel, NHF’s Sr. Director of Online Marketing, at email@example.com.
NHF follows the exhibit guidelines developed within the IAEE Guidelines for Display Rules & Regulations. All rules and regulations have been developed to ensure the exhibition’s integrity and to create a high-quality marketing opportunity for your company. We appreciate your conformity to and understanding of these regulations.
CONDUCT/CHARACTER OF EXHIBITS: Character of the exhibits is subject to the approval of NHF. NHF reserves the right to nullify agreements that do not meet the standards required or expected, as well as the right to curtail exhibits or parts thereof that reflect poorly on or violate the character of the conference; or because of content, noise, method of operation or for any other reason deemed objectionable by NHF or its attendees. This applies without limitation to persons, conduct, articles of merchandise, printed materials, souvenirs, catalogs, and any other items that affect the character of the exhibit. In such event, NHF will not be liable to any exhibitor for any refund of exhibit fees or expenses incurred by exhibitor. Companies and/or staff under criminal investigation are prohibited from exhibiting at NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference. All industry representatives must abide by NHF’s Conference Behavior.
INDEMNIFICATION: The sponsor/exhibitor agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, and subsidiary and other related or affiliated companies from and against any liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses, including (without limitation) attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or in connection with the sponsor/exhibitor’s activities or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the exhibitor or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
INSTALLATION AND DISMANTLING: It is the duty and responsibility of each exhibitor to complete the installation of its exhibit by Thursday, August 17, 2023. Any exhibit company not set up by 4:00 p.m. forfeits all payment for booth rental and may not be allowed to participate in future NHF exhibits. Exhibitors must remove all containers and shipping crates from the Exhibit Hall by 1:30 p.m. prior to the opening of the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. If you are unable to meet this deadline, contact the NHF Sr.Exhibit Manager. Any unattended freight left in the Exhibit Hall after 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 19, 2023, will be shipped by a carrier selected by the official service contractor at the exhibitor’s expense. Additional fees may apply.
INSURANCE: It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to maintain such insurance against injury to person, or damage or loss of property in such amounts as the exhibitor deems adequate. Insurance protection will not be afforded to the exhibitor either by the NHF or by the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
LIABILITY: The exhibitor assumes all responsibility for any and all loss, theft or damage to exhibitor’s displays, equipment, and other property while on the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center premises, and hereby waives any claim or demand it may have against the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center or its affiliates arising from such loss, theft or damage. In addition, the exhibitor agrees to defend (if requested), indemnify and hold harmless the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) and the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, and subsidiary and other related or affiliated companies from and against any liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses, including (without limitation) attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or in connection with the exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the exhibitor or its employees, subcontractors or agents. Further, NHF will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage, including that by fire and theft, that may occur to any exhibitor, their agents, employees, property or wares arising from any cause whatsoever prior, during or after the period of this exhibit. By signing this contract to exhibit, each exhibitor expressly understands that they release NHF and the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center from liability and agrees to indemnify it against any claims for such loss, injury or damage.
NO SMOKING: NHF has established a no-smoking policy for all NHF meetings. This policy applies to the Exhibit Hall, as well as to all lounges, meeting rooms and hotel accommodations.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Full payment (100%) must accompany the Application to Exhibit Form.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOTAPING: See under Photography, Recording and Videotaping.
SECURITY: NHF will provide security during the hours when the Exhibit Hall is closed. Provision of this service is not to be construed to be an assumption of obligation or duty with respect to the protection of the property of exhibitors.
SOLE DISCRETION: NHF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject exhibits with or without explanation.
SOUND AND AUDIO-VISUAL: Audio-visual and other sound effects must be contained so that they cannot be heard outside of the exhibitor’s contracted space and disturb nearby exhibitors. NHF reserves the right to require an exhibitor to discontinue or lower the sound at the booth that may cause annoyance or interference with adjacent exhibits. Exhibitors may use sound equipment within their booths so long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of adjacent exhibitors. Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned so as to direct sound into the booth rather than into the aisle. Sounds and noise may not exceed 85 decibels. There can be no music played during scheduled sessions in the Presentation Theater. Exhibitors who fail to abide may be penalized. Live music is not permitted anywhere within the Exhibit Hall.
SUBLETTING BOOTH SPACE: The exhibitor agrees not to assign, sublet, or apportion their contracted exhibit space or any part of it to another party.
VENDOR REVIEW: All vendors are subject to review to ensure appropriateness of their product as it relates to NHF’s mission and objectives.
VIOLATIONS: NHF reserves the right to restrict exhibits that for any reason are deemed unsuitable and prohibit or evict any exhibit that in its opinion detracts from the general character of the Exhibit Hall. The reservation includes persons, objects, conduct, printed materials, or any other items or matters. In the event of such restriction or measures, NHF will not be liable for any refunds or exhibit expenses.
- No selling is permitted in the Exhibit Hall, individual booths or anywhere in hosted venues.
- Entertainment/Promotional Activity: Demonstrations or live interviews must be confined within the contracted space. The use of magicians, fortune tellers, dancers, mimes, puppet shows, or other entertainment of this nature is prohibited without prior written permission from NHF. The use of celebrities who are not already associated as spokespersons for the exhibiting company is discouraged. Special promotional activities must have NHF written permission and must be contained within the contracted space.
- Educational Events in Exhibit Booths: CME/CEU-accredited education cannot be offered within the Exhibit Hall unless approved by NHF. Exhibiting companies must inform NHF in writing of any educational events offered at their exhibit booths. Notification letters must include a description of the event, detailing the format, content, date and time, and the names of all speakers involved in delivery of the educational event.
- Fundraisers:Auctions or activities that involve raising funds for any party other than NHF are not permitted in the Exhibit Hall. Activities designed to provide donations for NHF must be preapproved by NHF in writing.
- Food & Beverage: Exhibitors must use the in-house catering company unless otherwise approved by the convention center.
- Giveaways: NHF encourages that booth giveaways be specifically related to improving the health of people with bleeding disorders. All novelty gifts or souvenirs must be submitted to NHF for review. Please provide notification of intent to distribute premiums, novelty items or food products to NHF no later than July 7, 2023. NHF may withhold or withdraw permission to distribute souvenirs, advertising, or other materials it considers unsuitable. Any exhibitors found distributing materials that have not been officially approved will be required to cease distribution immediately.
- Live animals: Live animals are prohibited unless they are certified service dogs. Sharing of an exhibit booth by more than one company is prohibited.
- Promotional Signage: See under Poster, signage and Ads
- Raffles/Contests: are permitted, but you must first inform NHF of the specific details, including prizes. Raffles/contests may only be held within the confines of your booth and may not be targeted to children under 18 years old. Winners may be announced in your booth during the lunch break on Friday, August 18 or Saturday, August 19, 2023. Companies are responsible for determining any legal requirements for any contest, draw, prizes, and awards. Any and all use of the NHF 75th Bleeding Disorders Conference logo must be approved by NHF.
- Religious or spiritual activities: and/or displays are prohibited in exhibit booths and elsewhere in the Exhibit Hall. No formal seating is allowed in exhibit booths for such activities.
Patients or Providers meetings hosted by Industry. Please visit the Hospitality Suites page for details.
The sponsor agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF), the BDC Official Venues or the Virtual Event Platform from and against any liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, suits, costs, and expenses, including (without limitation) attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or in connection with the sponsor’s activities or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the sponsor or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
INDUSTRY ROUND TABLES
Please visit the ancillary page (General Information tab of this page) for details.
INDUSTRY SYMPOSIA/EVENT GUIDELINES
Please click here to access the guidelines.
INFECTIOUS DISEASE AND COVID-19 DUTY OF CARE
Please click here for details.
This agreement shall not constitute or be considered a partnership, employer-employee relationship, joint venture, or agency between NHF and the sponsor/exhibitor. The sponsor/exhibitor hereby agrees to and does indemnify, hold harmless, and defend NHF, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively, “Indemnified Party”), from and against any and all liability, responsibility, loss, damage, cost, or expense of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to cost, interest, and attorney’s fees) which any Indemnified Party may incur, suffer, be put to, pay, or be required to pay, incident to or arising directly or indirectly from any act or omission by the sponsor/exhibitor or any of its employees, servants, or agents. The sponsor/exhibitor further agrees that the Indemnified Party, shall not be responsible in any way for damage, loss, or destruction of any property of exhibitor or injury to exhibitor or its representatives, agents, employees, licensees, or invitees. The sponsor/exhibitor shall obtain insurance policies covering exhibit materials at NHF in-person events.
In-Person events: The sponsor/exhibitor shall have public liability, bodily injury, and property damage insurance. Such insurance shall name the event facility, NHF, and the Official Service Contractor as additional named insureds. Upon request, the sponsor/exhibitor shall provide a certificate of insurance to NHF.
LISTING AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
The sponsor/exhibitor grants NHF a fully paid, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, display, and reproduce the name of the sponsor/exhibitor in any directory or listing of the event and to use such names in promotional materials. NHF shall not be liable for any errors in any listing or for omitting any sponsor/exhibitor from any directory or listing pertaining to the event.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
Any Indemnified Party shall not be liable to the sponsor/exhibitor (in-person or virtually), whether in contract or tort, for any amount in excess of the exhibit space rental fee in relation to any damages, including lost profits, arising out of or relating to the NHF event, the rental of exhibit space, the conduct of NHF, any breach of this Agreement, or any other act, omission, or occurrence.
All use of NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference logo must be approved by NHF. Promotional logos may be obtained by visiting the Important Forms and Documents page. The NHF BDC logo can be used on such items as letters, envelopes, and promotional ads to promote the conference.
NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference logo must be used on all Industry symposium invitations, as well as in all Pre- and Post-Conference mailer, as well as NHF's sponsored conference items (Bags, lanyards, hotel card key and sleeves, etc).
See under Company Branding
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Priority points will be calculated for the company name stated on the sponsor/exhibitor contract or corporate support letter of agreement. If a company has since merged or been acquired, the resulting company may combine the maximum points possible per category.
Audio Visual - Exhibit Hall: Encore
Audio-Visual - Ancillary & Industry Symposia: Encore
Exhibition Services: The Expo Group (TEG)
Important: Companies must order their AV needs from BDCs exclusive AV Providers. Companies using a different AV provider will have to receive authorization from NHF’s VP of Conference & Travel Services. NHF will charge an additional fee of $2,000 per activity/per day to companies that do not work with the conference AV provider.
PHOTOGRAPHY, RECORDING, AND VIDEOTAPING
Recording, videotaping and photography (including screenshots) are not allowed without the expressed written consent of NHF.
Exhibitors can photograph, screenshot, and videotape their Exhibit Booth only. No photos or videos of BDC participants are allowed without prior consent from the adult participant. Photographs and videos taken of children during conference are prohibited and may not be used in any public form without written consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian. NHF reserves the right to view signed consent forms at any time.
Photo Disclaimer (COMPANIES)
Companies recording videos at their booth or symposium must include signage with the following disclaimer: “This area is being used to photograph and record video and film footage in connection with promotional and publicity campaign of [Company Name). If you do not wish to be photographed or to be recorded, please leave this location during the videotaping period.”
Photo and Video Code of Conduct
While we encourage attendees to document and celebrate their experience at NHF’s events, NHF requires that all attendees comply with the Code of Conduct to respect the space, privacy, and wishes of other attendees and the recording policy described in the event terms and conditions. Accordingly, NHF does not permit any audio recording, video recording, photography, screen capture, screen recording, livestreaming, or any other type of recording of any event content including the name, likeness, or image of any attendees and any chat dialogues taking place during conference. (All underlined terms above are defined below). Attendees may not capture or use the materials presented in any meeting/session room or in session notes on display without written permission.
- Attendees/exhibitors: Any individual person present at NHF’s event, regardless of the individual’s reason for being present (e.g., registered attendee, speaker, exhibitor, sponsor, staff, vendor, etc.). Regardless of its use in this policy, “Attendees” is intended to be interpreted to include both a group as well as an individual without prejudice.
- Audio recording: The capture and storage of an individual’s voice or sounds using capable technology including, but not limited to, video cameras, cellular phones, tape recorders, wearable technology, etc.
- Chat dialogue: Many online platforms used by NHF and by sponsors will involve video conferencing that enables individuals to be on camera during a session or meeting and involve chat functionality where an attendee to the meeting or session may also type questions, responses, or general dialogue.
- Event: Any event (whether in person or virtual), meeting, gathering, celebration, conference, webinar, training, experience, or any other gatherings, including, but not limited to, BDC 2023.
- Photography: Recording an individual’s likeness (e.g., image, picture) using photography (e.g., cameras, cellular phones), video recording (e.g., video cameras, cellular phones), digital imaging (e.g., digital cameras, web cameras, screen capture/screen recording/screen print), wearable technology (e.g., Google glasses), or other technologies capable of capturing an image (e.g., Skype, Zoom, virtual group meeting forums, mobile app).
- Video recording: The capture and storage of an individual’s likeness using video technologies (e.g., video cameras, cellular telephones, web cameras, screen capture/screen recording/screen print, wearable technology).
Sponsors are prohibited from adding any physical or virtual signage/ad without prior authorization from NHF’s Vice-President of Conference & Travel Services. NHF will charge a fine of $5,000 per day for each unauthorized sign/poster displayed.
Companies hosting dinner/reception during NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference may advertise their event by displaying 1 self-standing poster. Poster cannot be larger than 24” x 76”. Companies are only permitted to place self-standing signage/posters at the entrance of their event room, which may only be up one (1) hour prior to the start of the event and must be removed immediately afterward. Signage around conference sessions area are not permitted. Sponsors are prohibited from removing or moving the signage of other companies to place their own signage.
NHF will charge an additional fee of $500 for poster displayed beyond the authorized areas or schedule.
Signs promoting booth activity (e.g., book signing or special guest appearance) are not permitted at any time in any area beyond your booth space. Signs displayed anywhere else in the convention center or hotel (not approved by NHF) will be removed immediately, and neither NHF nor the convention center will be accountable for any loss. Please review the NHF guidelines on booth activities and promotion. Signage must be hung/placed by the official service contractor, The Expo Group.
NHF will charge an additional fee of $500 for each poster/sign displayed beyond the authorized areas.
Companies hosting industry-sponsored educational symposia or networking events during NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference may advertise their symposium by displaying ten (10) self- standing posters, each no larger than 24” x 76”. Companies are only permitted to place self- standing signage/posters as follows:
A maximum of two (2) signs/posters at the entrance of the symposium room, which may only be up one (1) hour prior to the start of the session and must be removed immediately afterward.
Eight (8) signs/posters around conference sessions area (locations to be assigned by NHF). Sponsors are prohibited from removing or moving the signage of other companies to place their own signage. These 8 signs/posters can be displayed as follows:
- Morning symposium: Starting at 3:00 pm the preceding day
- Lunch symposium: Starting at 6:00 am on the symposium day
- Evening symposium: Starting at 1:00 pm on the symposium day
NHF will charge an additional fee of $500 for each poster displayed beyond the authorized areas or schedule.
PRE & POST CONFERENCE MAILER
- The sponsor must submit a PDF version of the mailer for NHF approval by Friday, May 26, 2023.
- The NHF’s return address must be included on each piece.
- NHF will approve the mailer on Friday, June 2, 2023.
- The sponsor can select the mailer format (e.g., postcard, insert in envelope, single-fold sheet with wafer seal).
- Mailer dimensions cannot exceed 8.5" x 11".
- Following approval, the sponsor is obliged to provide and deliver printed copies to NHF’s contracted mail house by Friday, July 14, 2023.
- Pre-conference mailers will be sent first class, between July 22 and August 7, 2023.
- Post-conference mailers will be sent between August 28 and September 8, 2023.
- To ensure that materials are mailed intact, all mailer pieces must be sealed.
- If promoting a symposium, the printed materials must include NHF’s BDC logo and state: “Unless otherwise noted, [NAME OF COMPANY], the sponsor of this industry-sponsored educational symposium, is solely responsible for its content, including any information presented or distributed during the event."
- All mailers must include the following disclaimer: "All information disseminated in the Exhibit Hall, as well as content that is presented in the industry-sponsored educational symposia and at company events, are funded by and are the sole responsibility of the exhibitors, sponsors and industry sponsored educational symposia organizers.
- The National Hemophilia Foundation does not endorse particular treatment products or manufacturers; any reference to a product name is not an endorsement by NHF. NHF is not a regulatory agency and cannot make recommendations relating to safety of manufacturing of specific treatment products. For recommendations of a particular product, the regulatory authority in a particular country must make these judgments based on domestic legislation and national health policies."
- Shipping to the mail house: Please label all boxes clearly with your company name, the phrases “National Hemophilia Foundation 2023 pre-conference promotional mailers” or “National Hemophilia Foundation 2023 post-conference promotional mailers” with the number/quantity of promotional materials in each box.
- Mail house information and artwork for NHF’s first class mail indicia will be provided upon approval of your mailer by June 2, 2023.
NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference uses a priority point system to ensure that sponsors are fairly ranked.
Allocation of Priority Points
The priority point system is designed to recognize major sponsors of NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference.
In-Person Events: Priority points determine exhibit booth location. Exhibit space requests will be assigned according to your company’s rank via the NHF Point System where applicable, and otherwise on a first-come, first-served basis.
In-Person and Virtual Events: Priority points determine sponsorship allocation when two or more companies at the same level of sponsorship seek to sponsor the same item at the same time.
Points will be tallied by Friday, March 3, 2023. Therefore, initial requests and payments for specific sponsorship items must be received by Friday, February 10, 2023, in order to count toward a sponsor’s ranking.
Point System Calculator
|Exhibit booth per cost
|1 for every $10,000
|Individual Sponsorship items (a la carte)
|1 for every $15,000
|Individual Sponsorship item - Advertisement at Conference Venue
|1 for every $10,000
|1 for reserving 50 RN through BDC's Housing Bureau
|Final pick up peak room nights - applied in 2024
|1 per 30 Rooms on peak
Priority Point Reduction
Any company or third party acting on its behalf found to be in violation of the NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference Rules and Regulations will be subjected to priority point reduction or full removal, based on the severity of the violation. Violation of regulations will result in the following point deductions from your 2023/24 ranking:
- – 5 points for any violation pertaining to booth size, height limitations, noise restrictions or failure to ensure space is accessible to individuals using mobility aids and motorized scooters. (Applicable to in-person conference only)
- – 5 points for distribution of promotional materials outside of the Exhibit Hall confines. (Applicable to in-person conference only)
- – 5 points for not adhering to symposia session times.
- – 5 points for posting signage/ads promoting a symposium, workshop and/or event outside of permitted locations/hours. (Applicable to in-person conference only)
- – 10 points for hosting any event that competes with the NHF BDC conference program and social activities. Any meeting with more than 40 people is considered in violation.
Appeals of priority point deductions must be made in writing to NHF’s VP of Conference & Travel Services, who will then review the decision with NHF senior staff. All decisions will be final.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our attendees. We do not sell or share our attendees contact information.
REGISTRATION CONTESTS/PRIZE DRAWS
Many companies and organizations hold contests and prize draws for families/individuals affected by bleeding disorders wishing to attend the Bleeding Disorders Conference. Please note that the pre-registration deadline is Friday, May 26, 2023. Please plan ahead and hold any contests or draws well before the deadline so that winners can register online by July 28, 2023.
RESPONSIBLE ALCOHOL USE
NHF encourages responsible choices (such as non-alcoholic beverages or low alcohol consumption) and responsible alcohol use (low consumption).
This sponsorship item allows your company to arrange for hotel room drops or door hangers to advertise your company’s Exhibit Booth, symposium, special event, etc. Sponsorship does not include additional hotel delivery or supplemental charges (approximate $3.50 per room).
The sponsor must submit all promotional text and artwork to NHF for review and approval (May 26,2023). NHF will approve the room drop by June 2, 2023. Companies will be connected to the hotel on June 23, 2023. The sponsor will work directly with the hotel to arrange their room drops.
Shipping must be completed between Saturday, August 12 and Tuesday, August 16, 2023.
Guidelines: • Only 1 room drop per company is permitted per day. • Promotion of any company research is strictly prohibited. • For privacy and safety reasons, sponsor/exhibitor items are prohibited from being placed inside guest rooms (via hotel staff). Room drops may only consist of materials slipped under the door or hung on the doorknob. • Check-in drops are prohibited.
BDC 2023 encourages the use of social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms at the Conference as a way to summarize, highlight, review or promote the presented materials of the Conference in general, provided that:
- Copyright law is observed.
- Verbatim information is limited to a few quotes.
- The author or speaker is referenced and cited appropriately.
Please use the Conference hashtag via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: #BDC2023.
A. NHF may, at its sole discretion, withhold or withdraw permission to distribute souvenirs, advertising, mailer or other materials it considers objectionable. Novelty gifts or souvenirs should be submitted to NHF for review and approval before distribution.
B. Direct selling of products and/or services is prohibited. The Exhibitor agrees that selling goods and/or services in an In-Person or Virtual Exhibit Hall will result in closing of the exhibit by NHF. It is agreed that no refund of exhibit fees and no demand for redress will be made by the Exhibitor or their representative(s) at this event. No solicitation for business shall be permitted whether in public, private conversations or at other exhibitor booths.
C. Samples, catalogues, pamphlets, publications, and/or promotional materials may only be distributed by Exhibitor strictly within the confines of their own premises. No Exhibitor will be permitted to give away any premium items, or to conduct any prize draws that involve signing of names and addresses, collecting attendees’ names and addresses or other aggressive promotions without prior written permission from NHF Show Management.
D. Advertising, canvassing, solicitation of business, conferences in the interest of business, etc., are not permitted except by companies that have contracted space from NHF to exhibit and then and only then in the space assigned.
E. Solicitation of advertising by magazines or publishers from other exhibitors on the public or private chat is prohibited.
F. Exhibitors may provide a voluntary sign-up sheet to facilitate attendee requests. The information provided by the attendee should be for specific purposes and may not be tied to any prize or inducement from the exhibitor (e.g., if the exhibitor establishes a “mailing list” for post-conference informational contact, the purpose of the list must be clearly stated). Attendees are allowed to request additional information or items from exhibitors that are to be provided after a symposium.
G. Please be respectful and use good judgment when taking photographs, screenshots and/or video during a symposium. No photograph, screenshots or video is allowed to be taken during the conference without prior consent from the individual(s). It is prohibited to take any photograph or video of a child or children during the Conference without written consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian; and may not be used in any public form without written parental/guardian consent. NHF staff reserves the right to view signed consent forms at any time.
If applicable -Items offered as shared sponsorship will be confirmed by February 10, 2023. Exclusive sponsorship will be given priority over shared sponsorship.
Those found to be suit-casing will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from participating in future NHF events. Suit-casing is a strictly prohibited unethical business practice. Suit-casing occurs when someone who has not purchased a sponsorship or exhibit space distributes promotional materials or solicits business.
See under "ADVERTISING, CONSULTING, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES".
National Hemophilia Foundation