The UC Master Gardener Program offers several need-based financial conference scholarships to assist volunteers, leaders and coordinators to attend the 2023 UC Master Gardener Conference taking place Oct. 2 - 6, 2023 in Tahoe City, Ca. The scholarship fund is made possible by donations as well as contributions from the statewide UC Master Gardener Program and UC Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Applications are due Monday, August 14, 2023
Conference Scholarship Levels
Need-based scholarship are divided into two levels:
(Actual registration value $189 plus lodging and meals)
Level 1- Partial Registration - $500 towards conference expenses (registration, lodging, and meals onsite)
Level 2- Full Registration - Fully covers registration, dorm lodging, and meals onsite
To be eligible for conference scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active or limited active UC Master Gardener volunteer, leader or coordinator
- Have the support of your program coordinator, advisor or county director
- Be unable to attend the 2023 UC Master Gardener Conference Oct. 2-6 in Tahoe City, Ca. without financial support
- Submit a completed and on-time application
- If awarded provide a short testimonial about your conference experience, to assist with future conference publicity
Award recipients will be notified before August 18, 2023.
- Applicants should wait to register for the conference until they have been awarded a scholarship. Spots will be held for scholarship recipients and instructions will be provided to those who receive a scholarship.