July 13 update: SLC is only recruitting for Male Chaperones at this time
We will be using the Chaperone selection process for statewide overnight events. If interested please review the chaperone position description and process on the Chaperone Information Page. Counties are not required to submit a certain number of chaperones per youth delegation.
To apply as a chaperone for an overnight State 4-H event, please complete all of following by the submission deadline date for the event. Only candidates who complete all of the following by the deadline date will be considered.
- Read the Volunteer Role Description for State Leadership Conference
- Fill out and submit the Chaperone Application for State Sponsored Events. Please complete this thoroughly to give us the best idea of your qualifications and interest in the event.
- Once selected, complete the following required online courses in your eXtension portal:
- Foundations of Positive Youth Development
- Overnight Chaperone Essentials
Access the courses and their enrollment keys on the Learning and Development page.
- Selection team reviews applications for each trip or conference
- Selection team seeks input from county offices.
- Selection team holds phone interviews (optional at the discretion of the event coordinator)
- Selected chaperones are notified.
- Chaperone registration begins after notification. Please do not register before notification.
Contact Jenna Colburn at email@example.com