Norway, Sweden, and Kenya
Pioneering Sustainability - together
Business summit | 24 November 2022 | Nairobi
Business Summit in connection with the official visit of HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway.
Their Royal Highnesses are accompanied by Ms. Anne Beathe Tvinnereim, Norwegian Minister of International Development and Nordic Cooperation, Mr. Johan Forsell, Swedish Minister of International Development Cooperation Foreign Trade, Ms. Anne Marit Bjørnflaten, Norwegian State Secretary of Trade and Industry, Ms. Wenche Westberg, State Secretary of Agriculture and Food.
The Norwegian Business Delegation is led by CEO of Innovation Norway, Mr. Håkon Haugli and The Swedish Business Delegation is led by, Business Sweden, Ms. Nina Lindberg, VP Europe Middle East and Africa.
The Business Summit will focus on sustainable and knowledge-based value creation and the topics are environment, agriculture, agritech, health-tech, clean energy, and the green shift.
There is an urgent need for a green transition to reach the global and national climate goals. Simultaneously ensure access to energy and job creation. A comprehensive shift in manufacturing, production, energy efficiency, renewable energy and innovative industry solutions will entail opportunities for innovative companies.
8:00am-4:30pm Norway, Sweden, and Kenya Business Summit
- Location: Radisson Blu, Upper Hill Nairobi, map
- Organisers: Innovation Norway and Business Sweden
8:00 am-9:00am Registration, coffe, tea, nettworking
9:30am-10:25am Plenary opening: Norway, Sweden and Kenya - Pioneering Sustainability - together
- 11:00am Parallel session 1: Seminar: Energy - Sustainable solutions at affordable price by good cooperation
- 11:15am Parallel session 2: Seminar: Food Security and Sustainable Agricultural Development
- 11:15am Parallel session 3: Sustainable public transport solutions and traffic safety – for a more accessible and safe future
- 11:15am Parallel session 4: Digital and innovative Africa – ICT solutions and investment in the continent
12:30am-1:30pm Business Networking Lunch
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Parallel session 1: Seminar on energy continues
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Parallel session 2: Reound table meeting: Building partnerships between private sector, the UN and international organizations in Kenya and Eastern Africa in support of the SDG agenda
3:00pm-4:30pm Plenary session: Sustainable finance and investment
6:30pm-8:30pm Norway, Sweden and Kenyan Business Networking Reception (by invitation only)
- Location: Residence of the Ambassador of Sweden
- Organisers: Business Sweden and Innovation Norway