Jessica's House

Accessing Hospice Services

People facing a serious, life-threatening illness do not have to do so alone. Anyone can make a referral to Jessica’s House on your behalf: a health-care provider, family member, or you can make a referral for yourself. A valid OHIP card is needed to do so. People can transfer to Jessica’s House from home, hospital or a retirement residence. Residents who live in a Long Term Care setting will be cared for in their current surroundings at the end of life and are usually not transferred to hospice. Support and services can be provided through the South West Local Health Integrated Network (SWLHIN) Care Coordinator.