Student Paper Prize
Sponsored by the European Working Group on Stochastic Optimization EWGSO
The Committee on Stochastic Programming is pleased to announce the triennial Dupačová-Prékopa Best Student Paper Prize in Stochastic Programming, which will be given in recognition of the most outstanding student-authored paper(s) in stochastic programming. The prize will be awarded at the ICSP Conference.
The award committee consists of Johannes O. Royset (Naval Postgraduate School, chair), Werner Römisch (Humboldt-Universität Berlin), and Claudia Sagastizábal (University of Campinas).
Each submission must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The paper must present original research results.
- The entrant must have been a student on, or after, January 1, 2020.
- The research must have been conducted while the entrant was a student.
- The paper must have been published in, or submitted to, an English language journal.
- The paper must be written by the entrant with only minor assistance. One or more advisors may appear as co-authors, but the student must be the “first author.” If multiple students appear as co-authors of the winning paper, the prize will be shared among them.
- The entrant can be a (co-)author on at most one paper submitted to the competition.
Entrants must submit the following material by April 24, 2023:
- An electronic copy (PDF file) of the paper.
- Publication information. If the paper is still under review, state the name of the journal and the point in the review process.
- An email address and phone number where the entrant can be contacted.
- A letter signed by both the faculty advisor and the entrant attesting that the eligibility conditions are met.
- In case the paper is co-authored by the advisor, the latter should include a statement about the contribution of the entrant.
The submitted papers will be judged on the following criteria:
- Magnitude of the contribution to the advancement of the field of stochastic programming.
- Originality of ideas and methods.
- Clarity and excellence of exposition.&
Submissions must be sent to the committee via email@example.com by April 24, 2023. If you do not receive a confirmation by April 25, please contact a committee member directly.
The Prize Committee will select the finalists at least two months before ICSP 2023. Once the decision is made, the committee will inform the shortlisted entrants; those students are expected to attend ICSP 2023 and present their papers at a special “award” session. During the SPS Business Meeting, the prize committee will announce the winners.