Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Review Education Group. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and The Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is intended for optometrists who provide primary care optometry services, including but not limited to medical optometric services.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
Consider myopia management strategies that can be employed in optometric practice.
Make informed decisions regarding detection, monitoring and treatment of glaucoma.
Outline several advanced surgical technologies available for cataract and refractive surgery.
Describe technologies and treatments to help manage dry eye, meibomian gland dysfunction and blepharitis.
Diagnose, monitor, and manage posterior segment diseases using the latest technologies and treatments.
Discuss several surgical procedures that are now being performed in optometric practice.
Select contact lens materials, modalities and designs to fit individual patient needs.
This activity, COPE Activity Number(s) 123070 is accredited by COPE for continuing education for optometrists. This program is approved for 14 hours of CE credit. Please check with your local state licensing board to see if this will count towards your CE requirement for re-licensure.
How to Claim Your CE Certificate:
NOTE: Participants may access the credit link at the end of the conference on June 11th, 2022.
Method of Participation and Request for Credit
In order to obtain your CE certificate, please follow the steps below at the conclusion of the program:
1. Go to www.cmeuniversity.com
2. Login or Create a New Account (will take less than 1 minute)
- If you receive a message when creating a new account that “the email you entered is already in use”, please click the Forgot my Username or Password link to have your Username and Password sent to you via email
- After logging in, you may be asked to verify/update your information; after doing so, click Save at the bottom of the page
3. Type in 17244 at the top of the page, “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course”, and click enter
4. Click on the activity title when it appears
5. Choose the type of credit you desire
6. (If applicable) Complete the Post-test with a passing score of 75% or better
7. Complete the online Evaluation
8. Receive an immediate CE Certificate to download and/or print for your files