It is my pleasure to welcome you to our 2021 Metabolic & Endocrine Disease Summit (MEDS) Virtual Event. On July 28th-30th, this innovative CE/CME experience will take you on a unique learning journey, which begins when you enter the Virtual Conference Center. In this space, live-streamed sessions will present the latest education in metabolic and endocrine disease and discussions regarding the practical application of emerging advances into clinical care.
The comprehensive agenda includes the most relevant metabolic and endocrine topics that impact practice today. At a glance, these are:
- Session I: Endocrine Overview
- Hypercalcemia and Parathyroid Disease Osteoporosis
- Pituitary - Adenomas, Insufficiency
- Adrenal - Cushing’s, Adrenal Insufficiency, Incidentalomas
- PCOS - Metabolic, Gynecology, Fertility
- Session II: Diabetes
- Diabetes Distress and Burnout
- Barriers to Insulin Treatment - Psychological Insulin Resistance, Therapeutic Inertia, Fears, Strategies to Overcome Barriers
- Insulin Synopsis: Insulin Classes - Considerations for Use
- Diabetes Technology
- Hypoglycemia - Managing the Lows
- Comprehensive Patient Cases
- Session III: CV Risk Reduction
- Metabolic Syndrome, Inflammation, Obesity & COVID
- CV Risk Reduction Beyond T2D CVOTs: Focus on Lipids (Link Between Dyslipidemia and Diabetes/Endocrine Disorders/CV Risk)
Our dynamic faculty of nationally recognized, highly credentialed NPs and PAs are all passionate educators who look forward to sharing their expertise and experience with the goal of improving patient care. Take a seat in the Live Theater, where audience interaction will be enhanced by polling and ample time for live Q&A. Also included on the agenda will be Curbside Consultants, an interactive discussion based on attendee case submissions.
As in any live conference venue, you will find robust opportunities to interact with your colleagues beyond the educational sessions. There is much to explore! We encourage you to take full advantage of these conference features, in which you can:
- Benefit from peer-to-peer learning in the Virtual Poster Hall
- Network with other metabolic and endocrine specialists and practitioners in the Lounge
- Enjoy friendly and fast-paced competition via MedChallenge
- Visit booths in the Exhibit Hall (without lugging a tote bag)
As outlined in the program, each of the live sessions will be held on the 28th thru 30th in July. All session times are Eastern. Should you be unable to attend, each recorded and accredited session from July will be on-demand through October 2, 2021. After that, an enduring summary webcast and downloadable components will be available in a resource center dedicated specifically to this conference. The educational content will be CE/CME-certified for an additional year.
The US health care system continues to be considerably burdened by two noteworthy trends: the epidemic of diabetes and the ongoing shortage of endocrinologists. We launched MEDS to empower you, our fellow clinicians, with the expertise you need to step into these high-demand areas of practice and provide vital care to the growing number of patients affected by metabolic and endocrine disease. This conference marks our 11th year, with more than 6,000 clinicians having completed the program to date.
I look forward to your participation, and I am confident you will find MEDS to be an invaluable way to elevate your competence in providing clinical care to your patients affected by metabolic and endocrine disease.
Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
MEDS Conference Chair
American Society of Endocrine PAs (ASEPA)
Adjunct Clinical Professor, PA Program
James Madison University
Clinical Instructor, PA Program
George Washington University
Washington, D.C.Diabetes and Thyroid Associates
Select a date below to view more details.
ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH MEDCHALLENGE!
This event features MedChallenge, a new feature from Medscape that allows you to go head-to-head against your peers in a series of medical questions. Earn points, deepen your knowledge, and fight for the top spot on the leaderboard!