Call for Presentations
This year’s conference will focus on Pivoting in a Reimagined World. With the global pandemic and its impact we are faced with a new way of doing business. Now comes a time where we need to be Resilient, Resourceful and Responsive.
IIA Canada is seeking experienced thought leaders and industry professionals to share their knowledge and expertise as we work together to explore the impacts of a pandemic, the emerging issues and the leading practices.
This exciting opportunity includes CPE credits, complimentary conference registration, and national recognition for your work.
The 2021 IIA Canada National Conference will take place in Ottawa at The Westin Hotel, September 19 - 22.
Applications may be submitted under the following tracks:
IT Audit, Cyber Security and Data Analytics
These sessions will provide a view of what is working and what is new giving you real solutions during a time of rapid change and risk.
A professional, independent and objective internal audit service is one of the key elements of good governance, as recognized throughout the public sector. These sessions will provide examples of what the risks and emerging practices are in all areas of the Public Sector including municipalities, universities, schools and hospitals (MUSH).
Leadership & Innovation
During this tumultuous time we need strong and innovate leadership more than ever before. These sessions will provide real ideas and examples on how to lead with agility, inspiration and resilience. Sessions will also speak to building a diverse and innovative audit shop both today and into the future.
Ethics and Fraud Risks
Risk, Fraud and Ethics, all key items for internal auditors to understand and build into audit plans. These sessions will provide tried, true and new ideas to look at organizational culture, ethics, fraud risks and how they impact your organization.
Soundbite Sessions (hot topics)
What is new, what is hot, what is trending? These sessions will speak to concepts and ideas outside the box.
NOTE: The committee will also be looking for diverse perspectives within the speaker submissions in terms of size of audit shops (small, medium, large), industry, along with the ability to present in English and/or French. This year will be a hybrid event so please indicate if you would be willing to present both in person and virtually.
To start your submission:
- Login (at the top left corner of this page)
> New users: please click on 'New User? Click here' to create an account;
> Current users: enter your email and password;
- Go to Submissions (at the top left corner of this page), and click on 'Your Submissions + Add New’
- Fill out ALL of the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk *);
- Click ‘Save and Continue Later’ before you exit your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Incomplete';
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ only when you have completed your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Complete';
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission. There will be an edit submission link in that email should you need to make edits.
To check your submission status (complete/ incomplete) and make edits:
- Use the link provided in the confirmation email or login, open your submission, and make the necessary updates;
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ when finished;
- Submission status will show under 'Submission Completeness' .
NOTE: if you had previously saved & submitted your submission, you will still be able to make changes to your submission until deadline. Please contact email@example.com
Forgot your password? At the bottom of this page, go to Login and click on Forgot Password.
Call for Presentations open October 29, 2020
Call for Presentations deadline January 29, 2021 4:00 pm EST
All applicants will be notified of decision by February 19, 2021
All selected presenters must confirm participation by February 26, 2021