Call for Presentations
Please fill in all the required information as requested by the Program Committee for the selection process. All completed submissions should be submitted to The IIA Canada’s 2023 National Conference Program Committee by February 2, 2023, via this online portal. Emailed submissions will not be accepted. You will receive an automatic confirmation that your submission was received. If you need assistance with this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The IIAC Program Committee is looking for diverse perspectives within speaker submissions, which include the size of audit shops (small, medium, large), industry, along with the ability to present in English and French.
This year's theme, Capitalizing on our Diversity, will celebrate the collective strength of the Canadian internal audit community. The program will appeal to public and private sector auditors, anglophones and francophones, novices, and experts. It will also highlight the diverse skillsets internal auditors bring to their organizations and shine a spotlight on inspiring DEI leaders.
This exciting opportunity includes CPE credits, complimentary conference registration, and national recognition for your work.
The 2023 IIA Canada National Conference is in Ottawa, October 3 - 5, 2023.
As a hybrid event, speakers must commit to both in-person and pre-recorded or live-streamed presentations.
Submit your abstract under one of the following educational tracks:
- Data Analytics, Cyber Security, IT Audit
These sessions will look at the growth of the merge of data analytics in the internal audit process and how Cyber security strategies continue to advance.
- Public Sector
These sessions will dig into the many leading practices coming from the internal audit teams in the public sector. Internal audit shops in education and healthcare are often small or one person operations leading to innovation and creativity.
- Leadership & Innovation
These sessions will address how and what our leaders in internal audit and risk are doing to meet the demands/needs of their clients, stakeholders and team members.
- Fraud and Ethics
These sessions will examine current, real-life examples of internal auditors dealing with issues of ethics and fraud.
- Soundbite Sessions (hot topics)
What is new, what is hot, what is trending? These sessions will speak to concepts and ideas outside the box.
Reminder: Speakers must commit to both in-person and pre-recorded or live-streamed presentations.
|Call for Speaker deadline||February 2, 2023 11:59 pm EST|
|Applicants notified of decision||March 1, 2023|
|Selected applicants to confirm attendance||March 10, 2023|
|Initial presentation submission||June 14, 2023|
Submissions received after 11:59 p.m. ET on February 2, 2023, may not be considered for the 2023 National Conference program.
To start your submission:
- Login (at the top left corner of this page)
- New users: please click on 'New User? Click here’ to create an account
- Existing users: enter your email and password
- Go to Submissions (at the top left corner of this page), and click on 'Your Submissions + Add New’
- Fill out ALL the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk*)
- Click ‘Save and Continue Later’ before you exit your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Incomplete'
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ only when you have completed your submission - at the bottom right corner of the screen it will say 'Complete'
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission. There will be an edit submission link should you need to make edits
To check your submission status (complete/incomplete) and make edits:
- Use the link provided in the confirmation email, or visit:
- Login, open your submission and make the necessary updates
- Click ‘Save & Submit’ when finished
- Submission status will show under 'Submission Completeness’
If you previously saved and submitted an abstract, you can still make changes to it until the deadline.
Forgot your password? Go to Login and click on Forgot Password, at the bottom of that page.
QUESTIONS? For questions regarding your submission, the online process or technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com
Le thème de cette année, Tirer parti de notre diversité, célébrera la force collective de la communauté canadienne de l'audit interne. Le programme s'adresse aux auditeurs des secteurs public et privé, aux anglophones et aux francophones, aux novices et aux experts. Il fera également ressortir les diverses compétences que les auditeurs internes apportent à leurs organisations et braquera les projecteurs sur les leaders inspirants de la DÉI.