PMI® EMEA Congress 2020
14-16 June 2020 | Prague, Czechia
Welcome to the PMI EMEA Congress 2020 Call for Presentation Platform.
**Helpful hint! This site works best while using Google Chrome.**
Deadline to Submit: 15 October, 5:00 p.m. ET*
*Deadline will not be extended. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Why Speak at PMI EMEA Congress?
- Get involved and give back to the profession.
- Gain visibility as a subject matter expert.
- Network with event participants.
The selection process is highly competitive, so preparation is key! Please read the information on this page before you begin your submission.
If you have questions regarding the submission process, please contact email@example.com.
BEGIN YOUR SUBMISSION!
**Whether or not you have submitted in the past to PMI Live Events, all Users will need to create a new user log in and password specifically for PMI EMEA Congress.**
1. Select LOGIN at the top of the page.
2. Select "New User? Click here" under the login fields.
3. Create your profile in its entirety, and click SAVE. You will use these credentials to access this site throughout the process.
4. You will be returned to the Homepage; select SUBMISSIONS at the top of the page to create a new submission.
To return to an existing submission, LOG IN with your credentials (email address and password) and select SUBMISSIONS to view your proposal(s).
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
- All Project, Programme and Portfolio Professionals are invited to submit a proposal.
- Past presenters of PMI Live Events are welcome to submit; however, past presentations that have been delivered at a prior Congress/Conference will not be considered unless substantial updates to the content are visible in the proposal. Content that has not been previously presented will receive higher consideration
- All proposals must be submitted online and by the deadline of 15 October, 5:00 p.m. Late proposals will not be accepted.
- Download proposal worksheet to learn elements of a proposal submission. This worksheet is a tool to help you prepare in advance of submitting it online.
What to Submit
The educational programme at EMEA Congress supports the elements of the PMI Talent Triangle which promotes the holistic development of leadership capabilities, strategic and business management and technical skills.
PMI EMEA Congress 2020 will be designed to cover project management practices and best practices approaches to enhance competencies that support personal development. Participants have expressed specific interest in building their skills through real-world examples, case studies of completed and ongoing projects, and content based on new research, and they desire tangible takeaways that they can use in their careers.
The following topics will support this year’s programming:
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organisational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Consulting: Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to internal and external customers; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Customer Focus: Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customised customer solutions.
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Hot Topics: For proposals that do not necessarily meet the other topics available.
- Organisational Leadership: Knowledge of and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognising, anticipating, and resolving organisational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Project Administration: Knowledge of, and ability to use, organisational strategies, practices and tools for administering projects.
- Helpful Hints for Creating a Proposal Submission – Submitters are encouraged to review in advance of submitting as this details timelines and deliverables should your proposal be accepted.
- Proposal Worksheet – Use this worksheet to prepare your submission before submitting it online.
- PMI® EMEA Congress Presenter Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Standard Conditions Agreement
EMEA Congress Programming Milestones *subject to change
15 August - 15 October | Call for Proposals Open
Week of 25 November | Notifications of proposal status
10 April | Registration payment due (if applicable)