PMI Global Summit 2024 Los Angeles: Call for Presentations
**Helpful Hint: This site works best while using Google Chrome.**
Closes on 29 February
Thank you for your interest in participating in PMI® Global Summit! This website will be the place for you to manage your submission throughout the presentation development process. We're looking forward to working with you and creating an engaging learning experience for the project management community.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the PMI® Global Summit?
Join us in Los Angeles, California, USA, for the largest, in-person, signature event of the year. PMI® Global Summit will bring together the leaders and project professionals committed to making ideas reality. Discover smarter ways of working, connect with the PMI global community, advance your career and skillsets.
PMI Global Summit brings together a diverse audience:
Project management professionals who want to earn PDUs, invest in career building skills, and build their community network.
Leaders who are excited to connect and share how organizations can be a force for change.
Anyone leading projects who wants to level up their power skills, learn how to manage change, and leverage emerging technology.
We invite all project, program and portfolio professionals to submit a proposal. If selected, you will:
- Showcase YOU as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the profession by sharing your knowledge
- Grow your professional network
Los Angeles Convention Center (West Hall)
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, California 90015
Know your audience! This is a useful resource when preparing your presentation.
What Are We Looking For?
Global Summit is focused on providing opportunities for attendees to:
Discover smarter ways of working
Connect with the PMI global community
Advance their career and skillsets
For Global Summit, we are looking for sessions that:
- Are by PMO leaders for PMO leaders
- Address project success with AI
- Focus on real life examples of how project management can be a force for good
- Will enhance attendees’ power skills, build their business acumen, and find ways to work smarter, and
- Have practical, tangible and precise takeaways for attendees.
What types of sessions do Global Summit attendees rate highly?
Sessions where the presenters:
Demonstrate expertise on their topic
Present the material in an engaging way
Provide tangible takeaways to attendees
Share new approaches and solutions
Below is a list of topics that we're looking for.
|Environmental Social & Governance Law (ESG)
|Ways of Working
|Earned Value Management
|Work Breakdown Structures
|Organizational Project Management
|Disciplined Agile Delivery
|Project Management Education
|Using PMI Standards
Rules of Engagement/Requirements
Only presentation proposals submitted online and by the published deadline will be considered.
While more than one presentation proposal may be submitted, please note that acceptances are limited to a maximum of one per person.
One co-presenter may participate and co-presenter information must be shared at time of submission.
Submitter is the lead presenter and primary point of contact. Lead presenter is responsible for sharing communications from PMI Speaker Team with co-presenter.
Use clear, error-free language and note word limits for titles and descriptions.
PMI retains the right to modify titles and descriptions for marketing purposes.
Avoid all commercial bias; content is to be educational in nature, neutral and unbiased, free of commercial motive/intent.
Priority given to presentation proposals that include original content that has not been presented elsewhere.
Must adhere to published deadlines (see chart below for milestones),
Will prepare a draft presentation that will be reviewed by subject matter experts,
Will participate in a virtual practice session with a subject matter expert,
Must observe any intellectual property rights, and
Must register for the event; registration is complimentary for a lead presenter. A co-presenter will be offered a discounted registration rate.
To Get Started
Preparedness is key! Review these helpful documents before submitting your proposal.
- Guidelines for Preparing Your Proposal Submission – Review in advance of submitting as this details timelines and deliverables should your proposal be accepted.
- Presentation Proposal Worksheet – Use this worksheet to prepare your submission before submitting it online. This is highly recommended as you are at risk of timing out if you create your proposal online
Global Summit Programming Timeline
Developing a conference is just like a project! Below are the milestones for participation. Take note of the dates as these will impact you.
(Note: dates are subject to change.)
IMPORTANT DATES FOR VOLUNTEER SPEAKERS:
(Note: dates are subject to change.)
For Presentation Proposals:
January 8 - February 29
Call for Presentations Open
Deadline to submit presentation proposal is NO LATER than February 29, 11:59 p.m. ET
|Notification of presentation proposal status sent to submitters.
For Accepted Presenters:
|Deadline 5 April for Accepted Presenters to:
|Week of 8 April
|Draft Presentation DUE by 1 July 11:59 p.m. ET
17 June - 2 August
Virtual Practice Sessions to be held (approx. 1 hour) with Subject Matter Experts
Need to be completed NO LATER than 2 August
Final PowerPoint presentation DUE
Need to be submitted NO LATER than 8 August at 11:59 p.m. ET
PMI® Global Summit Los Angeles, CA
Presenters must arrive in event city and check in at speaker registration at least 24 hours in advance to schedule presentation date.
Begin Your Submission!
**Whether or not you have submitted in the past to PMI Events, all submitters will need to create a new user login and password specifically for PMI Global Summit.**
1. Login Page can be found HERE or select "Login" at the top of the page.
2. Select "New User? Click Here" under the login fields.
3. Create your profile in its entirety, and click "save". You will use these credentials to access this site throughout the process.
4. You will be returned to the Homepage; select "Submissions" at the top of the page to create a new submission.
5. To return to an existing submission, log in with your credentials (email address and password) and select "Submissions" to view your proposal(s).