Abstract Poster Competition
Desert Foot is pleased to present an Abstract Poster Competition, in order to create a forum for the sharing of original research work performed in the field of podiatry and wound care. All registered attendees to Desert Foot are welcomed to participate as Lead Authors. Applications for participation are now being accepted.
The Lead Author for each abstract submission must be registered and must attend Desert Foot 2022 Conference.
- Abstract submissions are Due November 10, 2022 at Midnight
- You can submit multiple abstracts
- Abstracts will be judged by the Desert Foot Abstract Committee within a few days of submission and either Accepted, Rejected with Comments or Rejected
- Judgment notices will be sent to participants via email immediately upon judgment
- If rejected, abstracts may be revised and re-submitted
- Once acceptance is received, participants should immediately Register for the Conference
- Poster files should then be created and uploaded by Midnight, Saturday, November 26.
- PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD OR SEND POSTERS UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE VIA EMAIL
- Winners will be announced in the Lecture Hall prior to the PM Break on Thursday, December 1, 2022
- *You must be present to win
All Lead Author Poster Presenters must be registered for the meeting and must attend. If you have not already done so, please register. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by a committee chosen by the Desert Foot Chairmen.
This year's committee includes:
- Charles Andersen, MD - Chairman
- Suhad Hadi, DPM
- Arthur Tallis, DPM
- Scientific Method: Are the methods appropriate for the type of study? Are the statistics or comparisons meaningful to the outcomes?
- Perceived Importance: Do the results or presentation have any meaning to everyday practice? Do the results suggest a change in practice policies? Are the results preliminary requiring further investigation?
- Innovation: Is the study new or different? Does it offer a different or new perspective?
- Evidence Level: What level of evidence does this study/presentation represent? Is it high enough to consider using in patient care? Does it require further investigation before using in patient care?
Print posters to a maximum size of 4 feet by 8 feet, which is the outside dimensions of the standard 4’ x 8’ poster boards. Push pins will be provided.
Uploading Poster PDF Files
Please submit PDF files of your posters (after you are notified that your submission is ACCEPTED) by Midnight, November 21, 2022 so that we can publish them on the Desert Foot website for attendees. Posters posted online on the Desert Foot website get indexed by Google and receive widespread viewership.
The Poster PDF submission deadline is Midnight, Saturday, November 26. Poster PDFs received after this deadline may not be posted online.
Please check in at the Desert Foot Registration Desk upon arrival. They will help you with any questions and direct you to where to hang your posters. The posters can be no larger than 4' x 8', which is the outside dimensions of the Poster Board frames. All Abstracts and/or Posters will technically become the property of PRESENT-e-Learning Systems. If you wish to take your poster home with you, please let us know.