2021 ASCLD Symposium Abstract Submissions
The forensic science profession has advanced due to extraordinary laboratories, successful collaborations and partnerships among laboratories and stakeholders, and transformational, visionary, and servant leaders. ASCLD 2021 will showcase collaborations and partnerships, obtaining buy-in, implementing technology, transforming an organizational culture, strengthening morale, talent acquisition, and more with information, tips, and lessons we can apply to ourselves, our organizations, and our professions. Experiece workshops and presentations from dynamic experts and leaders from the forensic science profession and beyond.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much - Helen Keller
PLENARY BLOCK THEMES
Proposals for the ASCLD Symposium should fit into one of the following categories:
- Building a Team - Talent Acquisition, On-Boarding, Team Building to Strengthen a Struggling Team or to Maintain a Thriving Team
- Transforming an Organizational Culture
- Obtaining Buy-In
- Managing the Implementation of New Technology
- Coaching, Transformational, Innovative, and/or Servant Leadership
- Collaborations and Partnerships in Forensic Science - Internships, Research, Working Groups, Commissions and Oversight Boards
- Resilience - Resilient Leadership, Building a Resilient Team, Preventing Burnout, Managing Vicarious Trauma in Major/High Profile Cases
- Full day workshops should plan for 8 or 16 hours (two 8-hour days) of content
- Half day workshops should plan for 4 hours of content
- Plenary talks should plan for 20 to 30 minutes of content
- Submission deadline: January 31, 2021
- Notification date: Week of February 15, 2021
To submit your abstract for consideration, please have the following information prepared:
- Contact information
- Personal biography (500 word limit)
- Co-author and/or co-presenter information per above
- Abstract title
- Abstract description (300 word minimum, 1,400 word maximum) as it should be publicized on the conference website and post-conference proceedings journal
- No edits including spelling or grammer will be made on your behalf
- Copy will need typed or copy-pasted into the form; no document uploads
- Abstract keywords
- Click 'Login'
- Click 'New User'
- Enter personal information
- Enter abstract information
Please contact Laura Sudkamp at Laura.Sudkamp@ky.gov.