Before commencing you will need to create a new login for 2022. Your membership information/password are not applicable here. This is a separate platform. Once your new login has been created, insert your email address and password below. To create a new login please click here.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The parks and leisure industry in Western Australia is so much more than leisure facilities, community sports and parks. The people behind these places are creative, responsive, imaginative and resourceful practitioners, and the conference aims to further working relationships and learning in the interest of stronger parks and leisure industries. The PLAWA State Conference is the opportunity to present and discuss unique approaches, research, real practice and emerging trends.
Share your learnings with leisure, recreation and urban planners, aquatic and leisure centre managers, community facility designers and managers, landscape architects, parks managers, fitness and community sports facilitators, event organisers and community program managers.
The Conference has a strong emphasis on workshops, discussion, showcasing and networking over two (2) days, followed by a third day for technical tours.
The Conference Organising Committee is seeking engaging presentations and activities for exploring a diverse range of topics, viewpoints, and research to enrich workplace and community outcomes:
- Solo or shared presentations (30 minutes only)
- Panel presentations (30 minutes only)
- Workshops (to be determined)
- Technical tours
Conference Streams are underpinned by PLAWA practice networks
- Plan and Design for leisure and recreation needs of our community
- Manage aquatic leisure centres, sports and community facilities, parks and people
- Activate places and communities through events and social programs
- Measure value, participation and trends
- Participate in community sports and physical activity
- Recreate by old and new methods
- Abstracts must be submitted using the online system.
- Receipt of a complete abstract will be acknowledged by email.
- Information required with an abstract submission:
- Topic title
- Session type (solo presentation, shared presentation, workshop or discussion, etc.)
- Presenter name
- Short biography and headshot photograph for program publication
- Abstract for program publication (maximum 200 words)
Call for Abstracts Opens: Tuesday 28th June 2022 at midnight (AWST)
Call for Abstracts Close: Monday 25th July 2022 at midnight (AWST)
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation, or registration costs associated with the Conference.
- Speakers will have the option to register and attend the Conference for a reduced rate (speaker rate). Conversely, if a speaker can only be at the Conference for their presentation, no registration fee will be applicable.
Hints and Suggestions
- Equipment, product, or service suppliers are encouraged to consider presentations that include a project undertaken by an LGA in which the product/service was used. If possible co-present with the LGA staff person involved in the project.
- Abstracts should focus on key learnings, and not simply be a summary of a process and outcomes.
- Sessions that incorporate substantial delegate participation are encouraged.
- Delegate workshop formats are encouraged.
Please check your details carefully and the accuracy of the Abstract as it will be used in our publications for the Conference.
Once you have ensured all the details are correct, please press the SUBMIT button.
By submitting your Abstract, you accept the terms and conditions of the Conference.
For any further information contact Leith Fradd on 0451 993 526 or email@example.com
Please note: Users require Internet Explorer Version 11 to be able to review abstracts.
Alternatively, you may use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT PLEASE REGISTER AS A NEW USER. Please keep your password on file to login in the future.