2022 IFS Conference Call for Workshop Proposals
Thank you for your interest in joining us virtually this fall! The Call for Proposals period is one of our most looked forward to steps in the planning process. A time where we get to hear from so many IFS Community members and learn about the exciting work you are doing in bringing the IFS Model out into the world. As always, we strive to offer workshops that cover a variety of content areas that offer an exploration of the Model to those new to IFS, and allow for those with more experience to deepen their knowledge. The 2022 IFS Conference will offer that and more!
1. The first step is to create your new user login! This login is specific to the online submission portal we are using for the 2022 IFS Conference. *This is not the login you may have for the IFSI website, Online Circle, and other programs run through the IFS Institute that you may have enrolled in.
2. Everyone who submits a proposal for the 2022 IFS Conference must first create a New User Login. *Your login from the 2021 Conference is no longer active.
3. Once you create your New User Login, you will then have the ability to Submit a Call for Proposal. You will see this tab in the blue menu bar. The Propsoal process begins with creating your Presenter Profile. You'll only need to create one Presenter Profile, even if you submit multiple proposals. As you continue to login, you will see your Profile and all Workshop Proposals that you submit. You are able to save your work, and come back to complete your proposal at a later time. Don't forget to hit SUBMIT when you are ready!
If you have any questions about this process, please email Conference@ifs-institute.com
WORKSHOP GUIDELINES & FORMAT
While IFSI is exploring the use of a new virtual platform, the format and delivery of workshops have been selected and outlined below. If you presented or attended the 2021 IFS Conference, you can expect a similar experience, with the use of a new virtual platform.
All workshop submissions should be formatted for either a 2-hour presentation or 1-hour presentation. At this time, there are a limited number of workshops scheudled for each format style. 1-hour workshops will likely be prerecroded. While you should indicate which format your proposal is for, the conference team may review and accept your workshop in either format to best suit the needs of the conference.
All workshops will be offered as live or simulated live webinars. Simulated Live webinars will be pre-recorded, and when possible the presenter will be live in the chat for participant Q&A.
Pre-recorded content will need to be delivered to IFSI, or scheduled to record with IFSI Team Members by September 15, 2022.
The use of breakout rooms and on camera participant participation will not be offered this year.
The number of presenters for each workshop should not exceed three.
You will be asked to select an appropriate workshop track. Please consider them carefully. Couples & Relationship - Family and Children - Trauma - Addiction - Mind, Body & Spirit - Cultural Competency- IFS & Daily Life
Workshop Participant Level of Knowledge
You will be asked to describe the expected level of IFS knowledge/experience for participant in your workshop. However, as our conference community has grown and the virtual platform has created accessibility to many around the world, we are looking for workshops that reach a wide variety of people in various stages of their IFS journey.
As always, we strive to offer workshops that cover a variety of content areas that offer an exploration of the Model to those new to IFS, and allow for those with more experience to deepen their knowledge. The 2022 IFS Workshop content will vary from conversations around global initiatives, crisis, trauma, self-led activism, IFS Core Content and more. We welcome you to explore topics you are passionate about and reach out to our team with any questions. Conference@ifs-institute.com
- IFS Trainers, IFS Practioners and Therapists and IFS Training graduates are invited to submit a proposal.
- Presenters must have a demonstrated knowledge of the IFS Model. A minimum of IFS Level 1 Training is required.
- Presenters will be asked to share their expereince presenting virtually.
- Presenters will be asked to share their experience presenting to globally and culturrally diverse groups, and any training they might have had in this area.
- Presenters should have an advanced degree in the Mental Health Field to fulfill a Continuing Education Requirement.
- Presenting teams should be limited to three presenters, at most.
- IFSI Team is looking for unique applications of the Model.
Only the Lead Presenter is required to create an IFS Conference account at this time. You will be asked to list your co-presenters within the proposal form. Workshops should have no more than 3 presenters.
As this is a virtual conference, presenters should have reliable access to the following required equipment:
- Computer with webcam capabilities
- Hard wired internet or wifi
Presenter Compensation: All Presenters will receive full complimentary registration.
Conference workshops will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The IFSI Team will contact you with any questions about your proposal, and will contact you as soon as a decision has been made. While there is not a review deadline at this time, all workshop proposals should be submitted by July 5, 2022 to be considered for the 2022 IFS Conference.
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 IFS Conference!
If you have any questions please contact the IFS Conference Team