The CBAA is seeking workshop proposals from those interested in contributing to this year’s conference being held in Melbourne from 10 - 13 November 2016. We are looking for proposals that focus on capacity-building within community radio stations and effective not for profit business practices.
Submissions from interested speakers should focus on one of the following key topics:
1. Conflict resolution
2. Volunteer management
3. Financial viability
4. Technology development
5. Community engagement
7. Engaging with rural and regional communities
We welcome submissions from both new and experienced conference presenters who are willing to share their ideas, experience and skills with others in the sector. Presentations should be in a workshop format and we encourage collaboration with other community radio stations or like-minded organisations to present your workshop.
For examples of past workshops and presentations held at the 2015 CBAA Conference, the program can be viewed here.
All workshop proposals must be submitted using the online portal by 11:59pm AEST, Sunday, 24 April 2016.
Submitting your Proposal
During the proposal submission process please nominate:
- The proposed title of your workshop
- Brief description of your workshop (Max. 150 words) - please focus on what attendees can expect to get out of the session (learning objectives)
- A key topic from the list above
- The name and organisation of all presenters
- A short biography for each presenter (max. 50 words per presenter)
- You will be able to access the submission portal to make changes, edit or replace your existing submissions until 11:59pm AEST, Sunday, 24 April 2016 by selecting the "Save & Continue Later" button at the bottom of the submission form. Please be aware that once you have clicked on "Save & Submit" no further edits are possible.
- Any incomplete submissions after 11:59pm AEST, Sunday, 24 April 2016 will not be reviewed or considered for inclusion in the Conference program. Please ensure all the fields on the submission form are completed prior to the close of abstracts. After the abstract deadline there will be no opportunity for submissions to be amended
Please note that for security purposes the submission portal will "log out" if left inactive for 30 minutes.
Confirming your Submission
Upon successful submission of your proposal you will receive an email confirmation and submission record link. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office on 1300 792 466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org