Dear CTE Summer Conference Participants,
In partnership with the NC Department of Public Instruction, we have secured funding for the 2020 CTE Summer Conference. As a result, participants may register at NO COST.
For those who have paid conference registrations fees, we offer these two options:
Allow ECU to keep the funds on account to be used for future training and/or next year’s summer conference.
- Who owns the funds if I decide to keep them on account?
- The individual or school/system that paid for the conference is the owner of the funds. If an individual paid on their own, they will be able to use the funds for other training.
- If the school/system paid for the conference, the school/system is the owner of the funds.
- What can the funds be used for?
- The funds can be used for any training through ECU’s Continuing Professional Education office. This includes, CTE New Teacher Induction Program, the New Career Development Coordinator Training, Special Populations Coordinator Training, Facilitating Career Development Training, Curriculum and Instructional Management (CIMC) Coaching Foundations, CIMC Excel, Artifact 6 - CIMC Online Canvas course, or CTE Summer Conference 2021.
- As a school district, can I use funds I paid for one teacher and substitute for another teacher?
- Yes, the funds are held on the “company level” of our system, which means that you can use the funds to enroll any of your teachers for any programs.
- Do the funds expire?
- Yes, the funds must be applied BEFORE June 30, 2021. Even though CTE Summer Conference 2021 is more than a year away, payment would be applied prior to the 1-year expiration, as payment is due BEFORE the end of the fiscal year (June 30, 2021).
Request a Refund. Please note that refund processing will begin AFTER July 1, 2020. For planning purposes, please allow 12 weeks for receipt of the refund check.
- You do not have to re-register for the conference even if you did not make a payment yet. We will adjust the fees on your account accordingly.
- If you have multiple people that need to be refunded please use the form in the Qualtrics survey (in the What do I do next? section below).
- Please check with your school regarding what they would liek to do with any funds that are already paid.
- Your school may not have recevied the refund email, so please forward that to the appropriate person if necessary.
- If you are trying to add a pre-registration required session please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to change your selected sessions please click on your confirmation email and edit your registration record. If you are unable to do this, you will still be able to add sessions to your agenda once you get access to the virtual platform.
- You will get access to the virtual platform in July.
- If you can't attend the week of summer conference, but would like to review the recorded sessions afterwards, please register.
- Sessions are still being added to the agenda and being changed at this time.
- The deadline to register for the conference is July 6th.
What do I do next?
For ECU records, please document your choice of Option 1 or Option 2 by clicking on the link below.
Deadline to complete the link: July 1, 2020
What if I don’t respond to the survey?
If you do not complete the survey link Option 1 (keeping funds on your account) will be automatically selected on your behalf. If the funds are not used by July 1, 2021 it will be escheated to the state.
Please email email@example.com or call 252.328.9198.