PALS Recertification Course
Please join us for a one day AHA Pediatric Advanced Life support re-certification course. This course is meant for health care practitioners who have already completed their PALS certification and now are requiring a re-certification.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and treat problems that place the child at risk of cardiac arrest
- Apply a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Use of the evaluate-identify-intervene sequence
- Use PALS algorithms and flowcharts
- Demonstrate effective resuscitation team dynamics
Prerequisites to Course:
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation PALS provider certification (done within the last 2 years)
- BLS for the healthcare provider or CPR-C certification in the last 1 year
- Completion of the pre-course self-assessment. Requires a passing score of 70% or higher to print certificate.
- Pediatric Life Support Provider Manual:RE6210E (print or ebook); and
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers: RE0130E (print only)
- 6-8 hours in the Simulation Centre.
CME/CPD credits and accreditation you will earn:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- All Heart & Stroke PALS courses are eligible for two (2) credits per hour under Section 2 of the MOC Program as “Traineeships.”
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Heart & Stroke PALS Provider and Provider Renewal courses are eligible for two (2) Mainpro+ Certified credits per hour.
- Other Colleges / Regulatory Bodies
- All Heart & Stroke courses are recognized across Canada. We are committed to continuous assessment and accreditation. Check with your college or professional affiliation to see if this course is eligible for credits.