- Kaohsiung has a tropical climate with humid summer and dry winter.
- For 11 months out of every year the average temperature exceeds 20°C
- In november the average temperature is 24°C
- Kaohsiung is located in the China Standard Time (GMT/UTC + 8).
- The official currency in Kaohsiung is the New Taiwan Dollars (NT$).
- ca. 1 US-$ = 30 NT$ = 0.90 €
- Major credit cards including AMEX, Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in major Kaohsiung area establishments.
- We recommend to have NT$ cash on hand as many small places or cabs will take cash only.
- It is required to bring your passport when exchanging curreny.
- The official language in Kaohsiung is Mandarin. English is widely spoken, especially by young people and in the cities, all major hotels and restaurants. Road signs and announcements on trains and buses are also also given in English.
- Kaohsiung uses electric current of 110 volts at 60 cycles. For your electrical appliances you may need an adaptor and/or power converter.
Value for Money