Thank you to all of our partners, panelists and participants for being a part of this year's ALAS!
Sessions on Monday, May 23
1. Welcome Session
2. National and Federal Policy Landscape: Arts Advocacy Trends
3. Policy for Creative Workers: Once-In-A-Generation Opportunities
4. Advocacy and Policy Trends Outside of Arts and Culture: Opportunities for arts advocates to join broader coalitions
Sessions on Tuesday, May 24
1. Arts Policy in the West
2. Arts Advocacy Across the Political Spectrum
3. Policymaking for Cultural Trusts
Held annually between 2011 and 2017, ALAS brought arts leaders from the West to Washington, D.C. to meet with members of Congress and their staff, engage in briefings regarding the status of and future prospects for federal arts support, and to discuss with the WESTAF trustees ways to generate more state government support for the work of state arts agencies.
This year’s ALAS will expand on last year’s format and continue to grow its focus. The seminar will feature a series of interactive discussions with speakers and field experts who will share their understanding of the current federal arts advocacy and cultural policy landscape, discuss Western regional policy trends, advise on effective messaging for arts and culture across the political spectrum, and share successful approaches of other sectors in advocacy and lobbying.
Don't miss a session, add ALAS '22 to your calendar!