To offer an exceptional housing reservation experience, The Council and LEAF, Inc. are pleased to use Connections Housing as the official housing company for the 2022 Winter Institute.
You can use their online site to make your hotel reservation at five selected hotels in downtown Albany, NY. All hotel reservations must be made through Connections Housing.
- To secure a room, the use of a credit card is required to guarantee your room. If a credit card is your final choice of payment for the hotel, it will not be charged until check-out.
- Credit cards will be charged due to a late cancellation (within 72 hours) or a no show with the first night's room deposit.
- Your hotel acknowledgement will be sent via the Connections Housing reservation system immediately. When your reservation is transfered from Connections Housing to your selected hotel after the deadline below, you will receive a confirmation email from the hotel with your final hotel confirmation number right before the event takes place.
- To take advantage of these special rates, be sure to book your reservation by February 3, 2022.
- The Hilton Albany serves as the headquarter hotel and pre-events and meetings will be held there.
- If contacting the hotels directly, you will not receive the special Institute rate and may be redirected to The Council's offices or Connections Housing.
- Each hotel has discounted parking available at different rates. Carefully read important details on housing website.
- Fax purchase orders, vouchers, and tax exempt documentation to selected hotels.
Important Marriott Renaissance Information
The Marriott Renaissance requires a check-in credit card for payment of $50 per day for incidentals. These charges will be returned if not used at check-out.
- If payment is made on a card that will not be present at time of check-in at the Renaissance, a credit card authorization form must be completed. If credit card authorization only states room and tax, the person staying will need to provide a credit card at check-in for incidentals.
- If using a debit card, the authorization amount will be deducted from that card's account balance. The hotel is not responsible for overdraft fees associated with your debit card.
- Upon check-out, any authorizations/holds will be released by the hotel. Depending on your financial institution, the release may take 5 to 7 business days to reflect in your account.
Important Purchase Order / Parking Information
- The Albany Hilton WILL NOT accept purchase orders for charges totaling less than the two room night stay's charges. Parking will be discounted to $10 per car, per day.
- The Marriott Renaissance DOES NOT accept purchase orders as form of payment. In addition, they WILL NOT accept checks at time of check-in. If organizations want to pre-pay for a reservation, checks need to arrive no later than four weeks prior to check-in date. A credit card is still required at check-in for incidentals and will not be accepted at time of check-in. Parking will be discounted to $15 per car, per day.
- If you select Fairfield Inn & Suites for your accommodations and are paying with a purchase order ahead of time, you must submit an organization check at check-in at the hotel. In addition, no valet parking is available. Self-parking is available for $13 per day in a garage. For additional, $2 fee, the Fairfield can validate parking and place charges on room for a total of $15 per day.
- If you select the Hampton & Suites Albany Downtown, only Valet Parking is available and discounted to $7 per day, per car.
- The Holiday Inn Express provides complimentary parking.
All Room Rates are subject to State Tax 8% and Occupany Tax 8%. A ST-119 or substitute letter must be accompanied by an Organizational form of payment (business check, or credit card or purchase order with the organization name on it). No personal credit card will be accepted with the ST-110 or substitute letter. A personal ST-129 form can be provided with proper ID if a personal card will be used for payment.
If canceling a hotel reservation, you must call your hotel 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid charges. Any cancellations prior to February 10, 2022 must be made directly with Connections Housing.
Hotels may add an early check-out fee equivalent to one night's room rate. To avoid this fee, you will be required to advise your selected hotel at or before check-in of any changes to your planned length of stay.
General Housing Questions?
NYSCOSS / LEAF, Inc.