Discover, Connect & Collaborate at TECHINNOVATION 2021
Portable Roaster with LPG Ember Heating & Data Recorder
- The technology is a small-scale coffee roaster machine (1-2 kg capacity) of is equipped with an automatic data recorder, aim to simplify routine operations according to the desired roasting profile. The roasting time is shortened to 15 minutes/batch with low electric consumption when using LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) fuel for it is an indirect heating system with ceramics.
- Equipped with a sensor (probe/ thermocouple) to record data and monitor the temperature during the coffee roasting process to evaluate and replicate the data for the next roasting process.
- The machine is equipped with a monitoring screen to monitor the temperature of the hot air in the drum and coffee beans, timing, level of maturity after roasting (Agstron Colour scale).
- This technology is usually found in large-scale machine (>7kg) but the company has made it work on café coffee roasters.
- Looking for an industrial partner who will buy a license for this roaster innovation product.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The coffee roaster is equipped with an automatic system consisting of:
- a funnel that serves to put rice coffee
- drive motor to drive the drum and cooler
- blower to blow air
- drum for putting roasted rice coffee
- heater to heat drum
- a cooler that serves to cool the roasted coffee
- cooling bath stirrer for stirring the sangria coffee
- a switch that functions to turn on and turn on the driving motor, blower and temperature regulation system
- temperature display to display the temperature during the roasting process
- coffee sampler that serves to take samples of roasted coffee
- drum door for dispensing roasted coffee
- a coffee roasting funnel that serves to remove the roasted coffee after it has cooled down
- air duct that serves to dissipate hot air from the drum to the environment
- air duct seal that serves to insulate the air in the drum before it is released out
- insulator for the input funnel that serves to input rice coffee
- insulator for the cooling tub air duct which serves to channel air for the cooling process of roasted coffee in the cooling tub
- lamps to illuminate the roasted coffee sampled
- This technology is applied to the small and medium scale food industry
- This technology offers fresh roasted the coffee and address so café don’t have to stock roasted coffee as the demand for coffee drinker increase.
- The value proposition of the technology lies in it being low cost and easy to maintain
- Industry application: Enables a wide range of applications in the cafe coffee industrial sector
This novel technology offers the following benefits:
- Small size roaster saves investment cost and easy to operate
- Affordable: It uses very few parts, electrical components are minimum (if any). The result is a low cost, low maintenance system.
- Versatile: It can work with low cost energy of LPG
- Minimal of low power consumption of electricity
- Roasted record data can be reused in the future
- Scalable: Possibility to become large scale technology.