WCO Second Global Conference on Cross-Border E-Commerce 2021
28 to 29 June 2021, from 13:00 to 16:00 pm (Brussels time)
With the theme “Customs united effort on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience for a sustainable E-Commerce supply chain”, the Conference will bring together policy and decision makers, as well as operational experts from Customs, E-Commerce operators, international organizations, and other stakeholders. Considering the benefits of full implementation of the WCO E-Commerce Framework of Standards and the associated E-Commerce Package, Members and stakeholders will discuss Customs procedures renewal and innovation under COVID-19with the use of data and technologies for E-Commerce supply chain continuity. The event will stimulate and advance strategic thinking towards fostering innovative and inclusive partnership with E-Commerce stakeholders for a secure, sustainable and resilient cross-border E-Commerce environment.
You will also have the opportunity to:
• UNDERSTAND the evolving commercial landscape driven by E-Commerce under the COVID-19 pandemic.
• DISCUSS existing and emerging challenges, new business models, and inclusive cooperation along the E-Commerce supply chain from diverse perspectives.
• LEARN about the latest E-Commerce-related work of the WCO and stakeholders.
• HEAR from leading experts on E-Commerce working experiences, best practices, sustainable solutions, and ongoing innovative pilots/initiatives on the use of data, Blockchain technology, and Artificial Intelligence for enhancing Customs procedures for E-Commerce including Postal procedures.
• EXPLORE future opportunities to expand the Authorized Economic Operators (AEO) concept for fostering innovative and inclusive partnership with E-Commerce stakeholders.