Welcome to Registration
The National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements is pleased to bring our annual meeting Radiation & Flight: A Down-to-Earth Look at Risks to you in a virtual format.
The excitement of space travel, as well as “down-to-Earth” air travel, has been felt by us all, and heightened by events such as the recent landing of Perseverance on Mars. However, there are still great uncertainties and gaps in our understanding of the risks from flight. Thus, NCRP is dedicating its Annual Meeting to this important topic. The program includes topical sessions and keynote addresses that will examine and discuss important questions and issues facing our aeronautical professions.
Sessions will convene from 10:00 am–5:00 pm EDT on Monday, April 19 and from 10:00 am–3:15 pm EDT on Tuesday, April 20, to be delivered on our virtual platform. Each topic session will feature live Q/A time.
Virtual Meeting Information
- When will I have access to the virtual event platform?
- All registrants will receive an email notification from AMBD show management in April. You will use your email address to log into the virtual platform for the conference.
- Will sessions be recorded to access later?
- Yes, all registered attendees will have access to the platform and any sessions for 90 days.
- I am a session chair; how does a virtual meeting affect me?
- Your responsibility as a chair remains the same; introduce each speaker, moderate time and moderate questions. AMBD will be filming and managing all technical aspects of the meeting. AMBD will reach out to you with regards to your session, whether it will be pre-recorded or live, with due dates and materials needed. We will also communicate those items to the speaker, but as a chair, you should be in regular communication with your session speakers to ensure all timelines are being met. All chairs will be contacted by AMBD to schedule an AV test in March.
- There will be a live Q&A session following every topic session and, as a chair, you will be expected to help moderate these 10 minutes. The moderator will ask the questions written from the attendees via a chat window. Please use your best judgment on the quality of questions read aloud.
- We suggest you introduce each speaker with her/his name, title, affiliation and by reading the title of her/his contribution. Please make sure you can pronounce the speaker’s name.
- I am a speaker; how does a virtual meeting affect me?
- Sessions will feature pre-recorded presentations or live presentations, and followed by a live Q&A, where possible. We understand that speakers are located all over the world and therefore may not be able to participate in a live discussion. Our goal is to make the virtual discussions as dynamic as possible and to offer alternative opportunities for interaction between speakers and participants.
- AMBD will be handling all technical aspects of the meeting, you will just need to handle your slide presentation.
- Can I get a Certificate of Attendance for attending the virtual meeting?
- Yes! Please email email@example.com to let us know you would like to receive one and we will send a PDF via email back to you.
- If I have questions, who should I contact?
- For virtual meeting questions or all other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org