This privacy notice describes the processing of personal data related to all individuals [“users”, “you” and “your”] who visit, register, or have registered on their behalf, their details on this website [“site”]. The GIIN, acting as a controller, respects the privacy rights of our users and is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our users.
This privacy notice also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out or where we rely on consent, how to withdraw that consent.
Personal data we collect or receive about you
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact directly with us or make use of our services. This includes:
- your name;
- your business address, email address, and phone number;
- your payment details, including billing and credit card details;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us; and
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our site such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, date and time that you visited the site, the type of Internet browser and computer operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
Uses made of your personal data and legal basis for processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract to:
- take into account your registration,
- communicate with you on the event you registered for,
- take payments and provide you with requested services.
- conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests which consist in:
- protecting our rights, property or security and the one of the users of our site, including to prevent fraud,
- answering to your requests for support and allowing us to ensure the user’s continued access to the site,
- completing a potential merger, acquisition, or liquidation;
- responding to requests by non-EU government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- subject to your consent, we may also process your personal data to:
- notify you of new products, promotions and services from the GIIN;
- share your personal data with our sponsors and our [exhibitors] for them to send you marketing communications on their own products and services;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we will further explain at that time.
- fulfill the legal obligations to which the GIIN is subject, including responding to requests by EU government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who will we share this data with?
We may share your personal data with recipients acting on behalf of the GIIN as processors. In this respect, the processors with which we share your personal data are our affiliates and third party service providers. In addition, we may also communicate your personal data to separate controllers in a case of change in control or with government authorities as further described below.
Your data may be shared with third party service providers who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of website hosting, conference registration support, conference logistics services, maintenance, research and analytics solutions, advertisement display functions, related analytics for our sites and identity checking payment solutions.
Sponsors and exhibitors:
When you attend one of our events or conferences, subject to your consent, we share your details (exclusive of payment information) with certain sponsors and exhibitors (as listed in the related consent form) as permitted by law. Our sponsors and exhibitors will use your personal data to send you marketing communications on their own products and services.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Transfer of data
As the GIIN is located in the United States, your personal data needs to be transferred to the United States for the purposes referred to above.
Where your personal data is transferred, and where this is to an affiliate or service provider in a country located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will take steps to ensure your personal data is adequately protected by entering into the European Commission's standard contractual clauses. In this regard, please note that we may provide you with a copy of applicable safeguards upon request, at the contact details specified at the end of this privacy notice.
Retention of data
We shall retain your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes identified under this privacy notice.
The GIIN will keep your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationship extended by five (5) years.
If we do not have any contractual relationship and we only process your data in the context of a registration to one of our event, we will keep your personal data for three (3) years after our last contact with you].
With respect to the processing carried out in order to protect our rights, property and security and the one of the users of our site, the GIIN will keep your personal data for the time of the relevant dispute or statute limitation period.
As to the processing carried out in order to comply with a legal obligation, the GIIN will keep your personal data for the duration of such legal obligation.
On the expiry of the applicable data retention periods, the GIIN undertakes to erase or irrevocably anonymize the relevant personal data.
Links to third-party websites
Websites of partners of the GIIN and other websites you may access via the site, including social networking websites, have different privacy policies and are not subject to this privacy notice. We recommend that users read the privacy statement of each such website to find out how they process and protect your personal data. We offer no warranties or assurances as to the policies of other websites and users visit and access these other websites at their own risk.
Any data you provide to the GIIN is kept on secure servers. The GIIN uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard such data against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure or modification and to ensure the integrity of that data.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and, where applicable, to obtain the personal data you provided to us in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller (data portability).
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent (without calling into question the processing previously carried out). You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details set out below.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned above or for other questions regarding this privacy notice, you can get in touch with us by email at email@example.com or in writing to:
Global Impact Investing Network
One Battery Park Plaza
New York, NY 10004, USA
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time, the GIIN may make changes to this privacy notice to reflect any changes to our privacy practices in accordance with changes to legislation, best practice or site enhancements. The GIIN reserves the right to change this privacy notice at any time by posting revisions on this site. Such changes will be effective upon posting them and we will notify you in this respect. If such changes require your consent, you will have a choice to consent as to whether or not we can process your personal data in this different manner.