Supply Chain Innovation Award 2023
Call for Submissions: January 9, 2023 – March 31, 2023
ELIGIBILITY & SUBMISSION CRITERIA
- CSCMP MEMBERSHIP. Participating in the Supply Chain Innovation Award (SCIA) competition is a member-only benefit. The submitter of this application must be a Premier member upon submission.
- Participating authors/presenters must be CSCMP Premier members and registered for EDGE by mid-August.
- Note: Basic members are not eligible.
- Questions regarding your membership? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.574.0985
- If your team is currently not a CSCMP member, here's a breakdown of the expected fees associated with the membership requirement:
- Submitter must be a CSCMP Premier Member ($299)
- If selected as a finalist, each member of your team who is presenting must be a CSCMP Premier Member ($299) and be registered to attend EDGE (nonmember rate: $2,495, member rate: $1,895 – each speaker will receive a $900 discount)
- OWNERSHIP AND ORIGINALITY. The submission should be original and not infringe any third-party copyright, patent, intellectual property or any other right.
- EDUCATIONAL CONTENT. 'Selling' is not permitted. This contest is meant to showcase innovations that are widely applicable, or highly beneficial to supply chain, and educate supply chain professionals. Submissions that appear to 'sell' a product or company, or are otherwise viewed as marketing material rather than a showcase of the innovation itself will not be considered.
- If selected as a finalist, your case study CANNOT simultaneously be presented in any other track within the EDGE sessions.
- Innovations submitted by 3PLs, consultants, other service and solution providers, or academics must be able to present some tangible business impacts/results from actual client implementation(s). Submissions from such parties are required to name and bring a client/customer/retailer presenter to the virtual presentation to the Committee AND to the live presentation at EDGE.
- Submit a short case study (1750-word max) detailing the
- Results – if applicable, name the client/customer your innovation helped
- Ensure proposed case study meets the following criteria:
- Presents an effective innovative solution
- Educational, not promotion towards a product, service, or organization
- Significant to the specific supply chain challenge and/or solution
- Significant impact on the organization's overall supply chain
- Quantifiable and sustainable results that yield cost savings, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
- Practical information that would be beneficial and relevant to today’s supply chain practitioner
- Structure and content: Organization/clarity, quality/usefulness of visuals, team's knowledge of subject matter
- The focus should be on "innovation in action". Situations represented in the case study must demonstrate excellence, innovation, and return on investment in addressing a significant supply chain challenge. Examples include though are not limited to the following:
- Developing new approaches, processes, or technologies that improve supply chain performance
- Coordinating business functions across the supply chain
- Collaborating with supply chain partners
- Developing mutually beneficial ways to strengthen supply chain relationships
- Synchronizing supply and demand
- Managing supply chain cycles
- You’ll need to obtain company/organizational approval/commitment for all listed case author(s) to participate in the SCIA competition and to release the case study to CSCMP.
- Obtain necessary approval for each team member/author to participate/present BOTH virtually and in-person at EDGE 2023.
- The entire team or a representative for each finalist must be present and seated in the first row of the general session room on Wednesday morning during the SCIA announcement. The winner will go up on stage to accept the award and pose for photos.
- Jan 9 – Mar 31: 2023 submission period
- Mar 20 – Apr 28: Committee reviews & selects finalists
- May 2, 2023: CSCMP notifies submitters of selection status
- May 2 – Jun 6: Finalists work on session content
- Jun 6, 2023: Finalists submit finalized session content to CSCMP
- Jul 10, 2023: CSCMP announces finalists
- Jul 17 – Aug 25: Finalists present virtually to Committee
- Oct 2 – Oct 3: Finalists present live and in-person at EDGE 2023
- Oct 4, 2023: Winner is announced at EDGE 2023