Call for Presentations!
NCOA’s 2020 Age+Action Conference will be held from June 8-10, 2020 in Dallas, TX. This national event will bring together hundreds of professionals from around the country who are dedicated to ensuring that every person is able to age with their best possible health and economic security. The agenda will highlight populations that face barriers to aging well and rally attendees around proven ways to improve the lives of older adults in their communities.
Who should submit a proposal?
Professionals and advocates working at the local, state, and national levels are encouraged to submit. Conference attendees will include community-based organizations, senior centers, government agencies, national coalitions and associations, as well as for profit and nonprofit organizations.
• Proofread all submissions and carefully avoid errors.
• Write a short, specific title without any abbreviations. Be creative!
• Limit presentation descriptions to 500 words.
• Define all acronyms in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase.
• Identify the target audience for each presentation (e.g. senior center director, benefits enrollmentspecialist, evidence-based program coordinator, etc.)
• Describe the goals of the presentation and what the audience will learn from the session.
• Preference will be given to submissions with more than one presenter. Partner with co-presenters to share more than one perspective.
• Share local examples of innovative concepts, models of success, and strategies to overcome barriers.
• Consider the following prompts:
o Did this work require taking risks that pushed your organization into uncharted territory?
o Did this work broaden the depth of your expertise, enhance your network of partners, or help you/your organization gain a new tool/skill?
• October 24, 2019: Call for proposals released
• January 17, 2020: Presentation submissions due
• February 11, 2020 : Selected presenters notified
• May 8, 2020 : Presentation slides due
• June 8-10, 2020: Conference
- Click Login in the blue bar at the top of this page.
- Click New User? Click Here.
- Complete all required fields to create your Profile.
- When you’re finished, you will be redirected back to the homepage.
- Click Submissions in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click Add New to start your submission. Complete all required fields. If necessary, you can save and return later to complete your submission. You will be required to Login again to make changes.