A profile of the event, and additional information about the audience type is provided in the sections below.Requested topics are included as well as the conference tracks. Speakers and topics are selected by a community-driven Advisory Committee comprised of attending conferencemembers from across several industries.
Submitting a Proposal
We are using an online platform to collect, organize and score proposals. We encourage proposals of all types and levels of expertise and practice. Please understand the audience at each conference varies, and our Advisory Committee is representative of theindustries and titles that attend this conference.
To submit your proposal:
- Click the word "Login" in the toolbar above
- Proceed to create a user profile and password for the online system
- Once you are logged into the system choose the "Submissions" tab on the top toolbar.
- Click the blue "add new" button.
- Enter all requested information
- There will be an option to save and continue later, if needed.
- When you are satisfied with your entry, please click "Save & Submit."
Tracks and Topics Requested
- Mobile & Wireless
- Cloud & Virtualization
- Network Infrastructures
- Compliance, Audit & Policy
- Pen Testing & More
Requested topics (updated regularly, please check back)
- Mobile (phone) security
- Social media security
- Cyber warfare/terrorism (and take-aways for individuals and companies)
- Privacy, personal/private use of corporate assets/resources
- Malware, how it works, tools/methods for detection, removal, quarantine, etc
- Network security management, profiling, anomaly detection
- Wireless planning and 802.11ac updates
- Tools, trends and technologies to watch
- Case studies and best practices in tech/infosec
- Other non-IT professional development topics encouraged
IT Hot Topics Conference Profile
- Conference is Thursday and Friday, May 5-6, 2016 in Durham, NC
- Region's most targeted technology and infosec event
- Projected 300 attendees in 2016
- 5 technology tracks, 30+ sessions, approximately 1 hour each
- Activities, games, Top Tech Trivia, Lockpick Village and more
- Casual, collaborative environment while maintaining professional conduct
- Recent sponsors include: 7signal, AirTight, Aruba, Barracuda Networks, Bradford Networks, Citrix, HP, WinMagic, Blue Star, Exinda, Dell, Meru Networks, Juniper Networks, Motorola, Varonis, Xirrus and more
- Industry organizations include InfraGard, ISSA, UNC School of Government, CWNP and (ISC)2
The conference draws hundreds of uniqueorganizations across several industry verticals including:
- Finance and health - banks, credit unions, investment, insurance, hospitals and healthcare
- Education - Universities, community colleges, technical colleges, K12 school systems
- Government - federal, state and municipal government offices
- Corporate - utilities, manufacturing
Attendee Titles and Roles
- The conference draws a variety of titles in the information technology, information security and infrastructure roles including: CISO, CIO, CTO, Security Officer, Security Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, IT Auditor, IS/IT Director, VP of IT, Information Security Manager, Network Security Engineer, Network Analyst, Network Engineer, LAN/WAN Specialist, Enterprise Infrastructure Manager, IS/IT Project Manager, Security Program Manager, Security Architect, Security Compliance Officer, Incident Manager, Principal Software Architect, Systems Analyst, System Administrator
IT Hot Topics Conference Location
Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center
4700 Emperor Blvd.
Durham, NC 27703
Hotel Accommodations will be available through the official conference registration website, which will open in early 2016.
Please check back for further information.