How to submit a Paper
Thank you for submitting an abstract and for creating your account during that process. In order to submit your paper:
- Go to the menu above.
- Click on the "Login" link to log into your account.
- Go to the Submissions page.
- Click on your abstract submission
- Scroll down to the section titled “Paper Submission”
- Click on both of the “Upload” Buttons to upload your paper in PDF and Word document format (please remember to use the official ISEE formats to avoid having your paper returned to be redone.)
- Click ‘save & complete’ to submit your paper.
- Note that if you want to save your progress and return later to complete your submission, click ‘save & continue later’.
Click here to download the Paper Template
Click here to download the Paper Formatting Guidelines
Peer Review Process
Papers are considered by a committee of explosives industry professionals. This is not a blind review. The committee will determine the paper’s relevance and substance based on the following criteria:
- Purpose and reason for the work
- Quality of the data collected
- Quality of the analysis and processes followed
- Degree of rigor behind the recommendations made or actions taken
- Conclusions based on data and analysis presented
- Application and interest to the Explosives industry
Special consideration for acceptance at the Conference will be made for Blasters, and other Explosives Professionals, whose work is primarily day to day, hands-on-blasting in commercial construction, demolition, quarrying and mining applications.
The Program Committee will assign each paper to a session upon acceptance of the completed paper. The paper will be assigned to a Technical Session or Blasters Forum Poster Session. Some authors may be requested to present both. (Space is limited.)
Papers must be submitted and presented in English, the official language of the Conference.
As noted in “Key Dates”, authors have until July 14, 2023 to submit their papers to the Portal. Authors will be notified on September 1 as to whether their paper has been selected for inclusion in the 2024 ISEE Conference.
- May 14, 2023: Notification of abstract acceptance
- July 14, 2023: Last day for submission of completed paper -- NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
- September 1, 2023: Notification of final paper acceptance
- September 29, 2023: Conference registration deadline for authors
Thank you again for your support of the ISEE and our 50th Conference.