Call for Presentations Guidelines!
The 2022 Age+Action Virtual Conference will be held June 6-8, 2022. This national event brings together hundreds of professionals who are dedicated to ensuring that every person has the resources to age well. The agenda will highlight populations that face barriers to aging well and rally attendees around proven ways to improve the lives of older adults in their communities.
Who should submit a presentation?
Professionals and advocates working at the local, state, and national levels are encouraged to submit. Conference attendees will include community-based organizations; senior centers; local, county, and state agencies; government agencies; national coalitions and associations; and for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Be a part of a dynamic community that has made the Age+Action Conference the must-attend event of the year.
- Collaborate with experts in the field.
- Build strategic partnerships and network with hundreds of professionals in aging!
- Present live or on-demand, whichever works best for you.
- And more!
Recommend a Plenary Session
Each day of the conference will feature a plenary session on an issue of national importance. Have an idea for a topic or speaker? Let us know! Click here.
- Proofread all submissions carefully to avoid errors.
- Write a short, specific title without any abbreviations. Be creative!
- Define all acronyms in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase.
- Identify the target audience for each presentation (e.g., senior center director, benefits enrollment specialist, evidence-based program coordinator, etc.)
- Describe at least three (3) goals of the presentation and what the audience will learn from the session.
- Share local examples of innovative concepts, models of success, and strategies to overcoming barriers.
- Consider the following prompts:
- What lessons learned from your work has shown a benefit to others?
- Does this work inspire systemic change or offer a new perspective for the growth and sustainability of an organization?
- Does this work instill a deeper understanding of the people it will serve (population segment)?
- Does this work take risks and push an organization into uncharted territory?
- Is this work easily replicable? How could it be applied to other communities and/or within other organizations?
- Will this work provide local models of success and offer strategies to overcome barriers and challenges?
- January 6, 2022: Conference registration opens
- January 28, 2022: Deadline for presentation submissions
- February 7-11, 2022: Presentation reviews
- February 25, 2022: Notification sent to accepted presenters
- March 18, 2022: Presenter confirmation deadline
- March 31, 2022: Full agenda available on Age+Action Conference website
- May 18, 2022: Deadline to submit recordings and slides (download template)
- May 19, 2022: Deadline to receive group registration
- May 25, 2022: Training page available for live presenters
How to submit a presentation
- Click Login in the blue bar at the top of this page.
- Click New User? Click Here.
- Complete all required fields to create your Profile.
- When you’re finished, you will be redirected back to the homepage.
- Click Submissions in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click Add New to start your submission. Complete all required fields. If necessary, you can save and return later to complete your submission. You will be required to Login again to make changes.