Call for Presentations Guidelines!
The 2021 Age+Action Virtual Conference will be held June 7-10, 2021. This national event brings together hundreds of professionals who are dedicated to ensuring that every person has the resources to age well. The agenda will highlight populations that face barriers to aging well and rally attendees around proven ways to improve the lives of older adults in their communities.
Who should submit a proposal?
- Be a part of a dynamic community that has made Age+Action conference the “must attend” event.
- Collaborate with experts in the field.
- Build strategic partnerships and network with hundreds of professionals in aging!
- Opportunity to present live, on-demand, or a Q&A poster session.
- And more!
- Proofread all submissions carefully to avoid errors.
- Write a short, specific title without any abbreviations. Be creative!
- Define all acronyms in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase.
- Identify the target audience for each presentation (e.g. senior center director, benefits enrollment specialist, evidence-based program coordinator, etc.)
- Describe the goals of the presentation and what the audience will learn from the session.
- Share local examples of innovative concepts, models of success, and strategies to overcome barriers.
- Consider the following prompts:
- What lessons does the work offer to help benefit others?
- Does this work inspire systematic change or offer a new perspective for the growth and sustainability of an organization?
- Does this work instill a deeper understanding of the people it will serve (population segment)?
- Does this work take risks and push an organization into uncharted territory?
- Is this work easily replicable and could it be applied to other communities and/or within other organizations?
- Will this work provide local models of success and offer strategies to overcome barriers and challenges?
- October 22, 2020: Call for presentations open
- January 29, 2021: Deadline for presentation submission
- February 1-8, 2021: Presentation reviews
- February 18, 2021: Notification sent to accepted presenters
- March 4, 2021: Presenter confirmation deadline
- May 2021: Record on-demand presentations
- May 13, 2021: Deadline to receive group registration
- May 26-28, 2021: Training for live presenters
How to submit a presentation
- Click Login in the blue bar at the top of this page.
- Click New User? Click Here.
- Complete all required fields to create your Profile.
- When you’re finished, you will be redirected back to the homepage.
- Click Submissions in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click Add New to start your submission. Complete all required fields. If necessary, you can save and return later to complete your submission. You will be required to Login again to make changes.